NHL Chat Thread

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
So it all starts again in an few hours time, divisional realignment should hopefully rekindle some old rivalries and Lord Stanley's pot looks to be anyone's. Chicago are the logical favourites but it is a long time since there was a repeat winner so....... Who is your money on?

After tipping the Rags last year I have a sneaking suspicion that the Big Bad Boston Bruins might sneak a win that would give Iginla a well deserved Stanley Cup.

What does everyone else think?

ASHIPP

Avalanche off to a cracking start this season. Ones to watch?

Just had the pleasure of watching Flames v Canadiens live in Calgary . Flames on a rebuild with their team this year but look hardworking and great at recycling. Patience on the puck has rewarded them with a couple of wins already. .......and they have 18 year old Sean Monahan. Sidney Crosby move over.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #3
ASHIPP said:

Just had the pleasure of watching Flames v Canadiens live in Calgary . Flames on a rebuild with their team this year but look hardworking and great at recycling. Patience on the puck has rewarded them with a couple of wins already. .......and they have 18 year old Sean Monahan. Sidney Crosby move over.
So jealous! Must have been a brilliant experience. Realistically the Flames are a few years away but they are beginning to turn things round and Monahan does look the real deal.

Unbeaten in regulation so far, it is a far better start than I envisaged for my favourite team.

ASHIPP

kettdevil1 said:
ASHIPP said:

So jealous! Must have been a brilliant experience. Realistically the Flames are a few years away but they are beginning to turn things round and Monahan does look the real deal.

Unbeaten in regulation so far, it is a far better start than I envisaged for my favourite team.
Can't believe this young guy is on a 9 game trial.....just can't see him dropping down for another year.

San Jose looking really strong already (what about Huertl :shock: ) but what has happened to Buffalo Sabres? They have imploded and Miller seems to be having a mare every game.

Ocko

The Avalanche also have Nathan MacKinnon. Trust me this boy will be a big big star in the NHL. I watched him playing for the Mooseheads a couple of times when I was playing in a tournament in Halifax and he is something else. He was the talk of the town with many saying he is the next Crosby, some even better. Which is some regard considering the affection for Crosby in Halifax because it's his hometown.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #7
Good to see the Avalanche playing so well early on, Roy is providing entertainment on the bench and they are chasing the Sharks who look superb.

At the other end of the spectrum, exactly how bad are the Sabres?

ASHIPP

Canadians called Toronto the Maple 'Laughs' because they were virtually guaranteed to be bottom.

Well nobody is laughing now. Leafs top their conference and their goalie, Bernier, is one of the most impressive netminders so far this season in NHL.

Good to see we're starting to get going after a dreadful start of the season following our awful half season before it. Been watching gamecenter and enjoying it very much. Might have to pay for it and watch some live games!

D

Deleted member 1337

I know most people might not care about this, but i'll say it anyway:
Tim Thomas has now had 4 DIFFERENT sets of goalie pads, 2 Sets made by Chris Piku (both top), 1 CCM(Bottom right) and 1 Warrior set(Bottom Left)!

ASHIPP

Flames crash again ....by one goal. V frustrating. Only thing stopping them hitting bottom of conference is the Oilers who have claimed that spot for themselves!

Disasterous weekend for Canadian NHL teams losing to US teams.