NHL 16 players

Thread starter #1
Curious....for those who play UT. Whats the highest you've got on the league? I'm crap so I'm division 8 currently pushing for 7 :oops:

For anyone with a PS4, and want an easy win, I'm L_Spear21

I did pretty well on NHL 15 but have stopped playing due to the "pay-to-win" aspect of it. EA reward you 100X more for paying a bit of money than for being skilled at the game. I once played a guy who had Datsyuk, Gretzky, Crosby, (you name it, he had it) and I was playing with 3rd and 4rth line NHL'ers. I outshot him 50 to 7 in the game overall, had the majority of puck possession and he beat me 1:0 on a wrister from the blue line, no screen or anything. Started playing the EAIHL game mode after that, wayyyyy more fun and fair.

KaneDevils

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
I did pretty well on NHL 15 but have stopped playing due to the "pay-to-win" aspect of it. EA reward you 100X more for paying a bit of money than for being skilled at the game. I once played a guy who had Datsyuk, Gretzky, Crosby, (you name it, he had it) and I was playing with 3rd and 4rth line NHL'ers. I outshot him 50 to 7 in the game overall, had the majority of puck possession and he beat me 1:0 on a wrister from the blue line, no screen or anything. Started playing the EAIHL game mode after that, wayyyyy more fun and fair.
Using real money to buy packs is an advantage but far from essential. Just buy a pack per week at £2.89 a time or, if not, work around it. Firstly, look for bargain players and don't look at just overall rating. Kutcherov is a great player to have and costs around 1700 pucks. Make him your C and he can play 1st line. Chara on D is relatively cheap. Galchenyuk is another good cheap player. Chemistry is important too. Have all D and netminder playing for same team if poss, same as each individual line. Buy and use the coach who gives plus 2 to all stats. Only boost your goalie, nobody else.

Outscoring someone 50 to 7 and losing 1.0 is frustrating but nothing else. The best way to score is with one timers across the crease. Go behind the net to confuse the opponent. Protect the puck as often as poss too.

My record is. 30 - 10 - 1

KaneDevils

KaneDevils said:
CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Using real money to buy packs is an advantage but far from essential. Just buy a pack per week at £2.89 a time or, if not, work around it. Firstly, look for bargain players and don't look at just overall rating. Kutcherov is a great player to have and costs around 1700 pucks. Make him your C and he can play 1st line. Chara on D is relatively cheap. Galchenyuk is another good cheap player. Chemistry is important too. Have all D and netminder playing for same team if poss, same as each individual line. Buy and use the coach who gives plus 2 to all stats. Only boost your goalie, nobody else.

Outscoring someone 50 to 7 and losing 1.0 is frustrating but nothing else. The best way to score is with one timers across the crease. Go behind the net to confuse the opponent. Protect the puck as often as poss too.

My record is. 30 - 10 - 1
Trouba jets RD and stepan Rangers centre are also very decent players that won't cost a lot of pucks. Search the market. There's a plethora of bargain players. ;)

Thread starter #5
Played a kid today who had crosby, ovi, perry, Taveres, kane, a retired patrick roy and some other great players..... lost only because crosby scored all 5 goals from the blue line. it was nuts!

KaneDevils

I don't think I've ever conceded 5 in one game? Who's your nettie?

Defending is the hardest aspect of the game but also key. I've seen players who keep switching to a D man, then frantically switch to the other and so forth. Suicidal. Let the AI defend for you. Use your forwards to back check and the ps control the D. Keep the opposition wide against the boards and to the back hand in open ice.
Also, if your struggling in a game don't be afraid to change tactics. It can often make a difference. I've been down 2 lots of times and come back to win.

Having an all studded line up doesn't mean all that much. It's how you play. I played a bloke who had ovechkin. Modano, Kane, subban, mcdonagh, he was poop. I won 3.0. :RAWK

Sounds like very good advice but I resent paying any amount of money for players so that game mode is not for me.

Does anyone play the EAIHL mode on Xbox one? You guys are welcome to join my club EIHL CardiffDevils. It's so fun playing 6 vs 6 position locked. I know most people find the fighting annoying too but it was pretty fun seeing a goalie fight and two other fights happening at the same time. You don't get line brawls in any other game mode! haha.

KaneDevils

You don't have to use real money though. The best players have average rosters. The top player has a fourth line of bronze ranked cards.

The mode you speak of is fun, sometimes. I find you get mates on your team who only pass to each other, and others who just glory hunt and never pass at all. Not for me.

Fair point Kane, maybe I will pick it back up again, I did enjoy it as a game mode in general. Yeah EAIHL can be annoying when you have clowns on your team. Especially when you get a wandering goalie.

Thread starter #10
Ive got Mason from the Flyers in net. Since this Ive signed Helm, zuccarello and Sharp and went on a 5 game wining run haha
Ive always wanted to play the be a pro mode online, but....is it any good?

KaneDevils

Lee92 said:
Ive got Mason from the Flyers in net. Since this Ive signed Helm, zuccarello and Sharp and went on a 5 game wining run haha
not played that mode online. Be a pro is great, but long winded and becomes boring I find.

Ive just finished my 6th season on HUT.....

6 promotions, 6 titles, and a playoff comp win. Now in Div 4. :RAWK

Thread starter #12
KaneDevils said:
Lee92 said:
not played that mode online. Be a pro is great, but long winded and becomes boring I find.

Ive just finished my 6th season on HUT.....

6 promotions, 6 titles, and a playoff comp win. Now in Div 4. :RAWK
Im on the cusp of promotion to division 6, Im yet to be relegated but haven't gone up every season. Love be a pro offline, got drafted by the leafs, currently smashing it!!! Though I wouldn't mind being traded to Boston :D

matbur

Here's something I sometimes thing about during games... What player-type would you give the Devil's players in NHL 16? You know the three-letter play description (http://nhlguides.net/player-builds/), PWF, OFD etc...

Joey Martin PLY
Ryan Russell 2WF
Andrew Lord PWF
Andrew Hotham TWD
Gleason Fournier OFD
Carl Hudson OFD
Mark Richardson DFD

What you reckon?

KaneDevils

Probably about right.

Now in division 3, won div 4 title too. Flying the devils and uk flag. :cool:

1st line of