NHL 09 Xbox 360/PS3

Thread starter #1
NHL 09 is being released today, so who's getting it?

here is some info on it.
* Defensive Skill Stick: NHL 08 gave you true offensive prowess with the Skill Stick, and this year NHL 09 gives you the power to stop it. Block passing lanes with 360° control of your stick or kill an opponent's one timer game by lifting their stick just before they receive a pass.
* Be A Pro: NHL 09 will put you on the ice with a dynamic new 3rd person camera as you play the role of one player on a team. The Performance Tracker will rate your play in multiple categories, both online and offline, to make sure you know what parts of your game need to improve.
* EA Sports Hockey League: Jump into the EA Sports Hockey League and become part of the first console sports MMO. Take your created player online and join a team with friends, or scout for players. Featuring 6 vs. 6 online team play, the ability to level up your player, tournament brackets, and awards at the end of every season - you can become the first great name in videogame hockey.
* NHL 94 Controls: Hit, pass, shoot, and score using the simplified two-button control system featured in NHL 94. Now even players new to the game can challenge the best of the best.
* Create-A-Play Breakouts: The ice is your canvas and it's up to you to paint a winning strategy in both online and offline play. Create breakout plays from your own zone or set up behind your net and tell your right winger to look for the flip dump from the defenseman.
* One-handed Dekes: NHL 09 adds another weapon to you offensive arsenal - the one handed deke. When you are skating in on a breakaway tap the puck to one hand and tuck the puck behind a sprawling goalie for the ultimate finish.
* Media Hub: Upload your best highlights to EA Sports World and take screenshots for your hockey card. Personalise your game experience by using your own music in every arena during team intros, after goals, and more.

EA Sports welcomes you to the future of sports gaming with NHL 09. Building on NHL 08 - winner of seven 'Sports Game of the Year' awards - EA Sports continues to evolve the NHL series with innovative control enhancements, added depth and accessibility.

NHL 09 brings 'Be A Pro' to the ice, which allows gamers to step on the ice as themselves through a dynamic camera angle in two compelling modes. In the single-player offline 'Be A Pro' Mode you will earn your own hockey card as you progress from the AHL to the NHL. NHL 09 will also be the first true console sports massively multiplayer online game allowing you to assemble a team online featuring your created player and five friends in the new EA Sports Hockey League.

The Skill Stick system from the past two NHL games evolves yet again in NHL 09 to bring precision control to the defensive side of the puck. The all-new defensive skill stick gives you 360° control over your stick's movement. Block passing lanes, poke check more effectively and for the first time ever, lift an opponent's stick to prevent a shot.

Take a proven formula, sprinkle on some innovation, throw in a whole new way to play and see for yourself why every EA Sports gamer will love NHL 09.

Chris

Administrator
Are there any plans for a pc release?

I haven't owned a console for a long time, so recommendations for anything GODD pc based would be a start.

Chris.

I'll be getting 09, i have 07 and its amazing. I know morissons have all 360 chart games for £25 so hopefully i'll get this cheap. I'll check it out in the morissons by cardiff ice rink 2moro when i got watch the devils.

I have to say i am soo impressed with this game it is without doubt the best hockey game EVER!!!!
The Be A Pro mode is out of this world!!! So many people will take to this idea and will prove be a big hit!! Online is truly awesome too so many things u can do such as: create ur own team and league i was thinking about creating the elite league that would be soo cool!! I have it for the Xbox 360 and if anybody wants to add me on there my gamertag is: D3VIL 1NSID3
If u do add me just let me know u've got my gamertag off the forum so i know who u are!!
Peace and Love X

ive played both demos of NHL 09 and NHL 2K9 and i prefer NHL 2K9 even though the controls are better on 09 i think the fact that u can drive the good old ZAMBONI is a great way in getting involved. :D i also think that all the game makers in the UK should make an elite league game with the teams in britain, instead of the NHL teams year in year out.

I went down too Puchase NHL 09 For the Playstation 3 yesterday However i was told that it had not come in yet and was maybe delayed by two weeks

Ive played both demos on the Playstation 3 and have too say that NHL 09 beats NHL 2K9 by a mile
I agree that the Be a Pro mode is absolutely fantastic

If anybody owns a PS3 or Xbox 360 I would recommend NHL 09 as the realism and Hitting Engine has been perfectly updated

I look forward too a good few wins online with this game

PS3 Users add devilsdrummer

Thread starter #8
The fighting is pretty good on it too. Brand new fighting engine. Few times ive thrown one punch and knocked the guy out, lol

drummer-sean said:
I went down too Puchase NHL 09 For the Playstation 3 yesterday However i was told that it had not come in yet and was maybe delayed by two weeks

Ive played both demos on the Playstation 3 and have too say that NHL 09 beats NHL 2K9 by a mile
I agree that the Be a Pro mode is absolutely fantastic

If anybody owns a PS3 or Xbox 360 I would recommend NHL 09 as the realism and Hitting Engine has been perfectly updated

I look forward too a good few wins online with this game

PS3 Users add devilsdrummer
Ive ordered NHL 09 on the day it came out for the xbox 360 and they said it will arrive in 2-5 weeks :shock: why? is there a delay on the game? :(

The Game is Supposed too be released For the PS3 All over Britain tomorrow

So if you Get Your Copy Well Done :D

As Some Places will insist on an October 31st Release :roll:

Hope Too See you on line PS3 Users

just picked this up from Game in the arcade in town (game on Queen Street didn't have it, or HMV). Got 1+1 in my 1st game on be a pro-mode as a stay-at-home Dman. Really enjoying it so far. Anyone fancy putting together a PS3 online team then let me know.

Sorry I'm clearly not keeping up with the kids (even though I'm only 24), but is this not going to be available on PS2 and are all new playstation releases only going to be available on ps3. Kind of thought I'd have "grown out" of playing computer games by now and never thought I'd buy anything else after the PS2, but that hasn't happened since I started playing NHL07 (told you I'm not keeping up) about a year ago.

ledgend777 said:
Sorry I'm clearly not keeping up with the kids (even though I'm only 24), but is this not going to be available on PS2 and are all new playstation releases only going to be available on ps3. Kind of thought I'd have "grown out" of playing computer games by now and never thought I'd buy anything else after the PS2, but that hasn't happened since I started playing NHL07 (told you I'm not keeping up) about a year ago.
taken from amazon

NHL09 (PS2) - This item will be released on October 24, 2008. :roll: