next weeks schedule

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice ... -27498020/
This for me is a classic example of how we have let the league shaft us again regarding fixtures.
If memory serves this was pretty much how they put the fixtures out originally before all the Hull fiasco.When they then had to change them around we should have looked to get a better balance in regards to all the travelling.
A massive road trip on Thursday to come back home for Saturday to go back up to Hull Sunday?Madness.At the very least surely we should have looked into the Hull away game being the Saturday and Home Sunday rather having to return up North so soon.
The poor guys are going to be shattered and my worry we will end up possibly losing league points at Dundee and or Hull purely through fatigue.
I know all teams face killer schedules at some point in the season but to me that way they have planned the away trips in this bundle just does not make sense.

DevilDom

Couldn't agree more.

It also looks like there is no guarantee that Brad will be back either.

If Dundee are clever they will target their home game against us and I can see them picking up their 1st league win in that game.

ASHIPP

The most important one, without doubt, of the 6 is the CC game at home against Hull.......and I believe it's the last of the 6! :eek: Devils need to be much more wary of this game (as this impacts on their cc table position) than whether Dundee put up a good performance. :?

wildthing74

Thread starter #4
The CC cup game is the home game on the Sat(5th game).The last game is away to Hull in the league.
Either was this is a brutal schedule so close together when you include the travelling.

osh

Are we the only club through the season that will have to play so many games in such a short space of time ? It's crazy.

It is pretty crazy... but the guys have probably experienced worse coach trips over in NA. Still, who the hell comes up with shedules like that?

If I remember correctly, we had a pretty mean winning streak in a similar situation towards the end of last season (I don't think it was quite this crazy but pretty bad).... lets hope for something similar :cool:

at least the players get to play a bit more instead of training all the time. Get to take there frustration out on other teams like we ded on sunday. Just mention the Hicks word should get them fired up,

osh said:
Are we the only club through the season that will have to play so many games in such a short space of time ? It's crazy.
Nope.

Sat, Oct 23/10 7:00 pm Coventry at Sheffield
Sun, Oct 24/10 6:00 pm Sheffield at Cardiff
Wed, Oct 27/10 7:30 pm Sheffield at Nottingham
Fri, Oct 29/10 7:30 pm Nottingham at Sheffield
Sat, Oct 30/10 6:00 pm Sheffield at Edinburgh
Sun, Oct 31/10 6:00 pm Sheffield at Edinburgh
Wed, Nov 3/10 7:30 pm Coventry at Sheffield

But 4 games against Nottingham and Coventry...a trip to the tent...and it's never nice to go in to Murrayfield. It's a good job we have no injuries eh...! :lol:

Either way, it's not our fault we're suitably placed in the country for away games! :lol:

ASHIPP

And just in case anyone thought that the scheduling is fair and equal........

Just noticed that the Panthers have a nice little double-header in Scotland this coming weekend, followed by an additional one in either November or December, with a Belfast double-header later.(I know we have a Belfast trip too). Not forgeting that one of their away Belfast matches was conveniently over the Bruins weekend.
Also looked at Braehead's season schedule and they look as if they have been treated very nicely by the League schedulers - many of their Scottish games are real local double-headers and only one really 'testing' patch of games this season - I think 4 games in 6 days sometime in December or January.
Very nice if you can get that kind of support. :roll: