Newcastle v Cardiff Ice - Hockey and Football

Thread starter #1
As it stands at the moment....

Saturday 6th February 2010

Newcastle Utd v Cardiff City 3pm
Newcastle Vipers v Cardiff Devils 7pm

I know it's a while off yet, but as it would surely have to involve an overnight stay, I was just wondering if there are any plans to arrange something for those games. I'm not a big Cardiff City fan myself, but would definitely be up for going to St James park to see that one and then off to the ice hockey straight after it and I'm sure there'd be plenty of others up for this as well.

davew

don't forget that the vipers are playing the remainder of their home fixtures out of whitley bay ice rink after next weekend...

Thread starter #4
How far is Whitley Bay from the city centre / St James Park?

Not so sure about the footy now - I looked on Newcastle's site to have a look how much tickets are and for the game v Swansea in a couple of weeks it was coming up as £30 plus p&p! £30+ for Championship football?!?!

Ger-Devils

ledgend777 said:
How far is Whitley Bay from the city centre / St James Park?

Not so sure about the footy now - I looked on Newcastle's site to have a look how much tickets are and for the game v Swansea in a couple of weeks it was coming up as £30 plus p&p! £30+ for Championship football?!?!
We charge £26 to away fans. Swansea charging us £30 to go down there. Brum charged us £35 last season!

paid £39 to go to watch newcastle vs chelsea when i was on my stag weekend 2 years ago.

possibly the worst £39 i have ever spent neither keeper had a shot to save, dreadful game...........but it kept me sober for a few hours......

Ger-Devils

I hope they don't. There's a group of 25 of us going up for the football, most of us go down the ice hockey but have managed to get the others to go to the hockey after the city game.

Should be a full crowd

The game vs Vipers in Feb will be played at the Whitley Bay Ice Rink which is approx 10 mile away. However the Metro up there is very frequent and cheap too making the journey in about 20 mins.