New Signing!

jenks33

For those who haven't seen it, what exactly was said?
Nothing that controversial really. Just said that he’s heard that Morrisonn has millions in the bank from a succesful business that he runs in Vancouver and maybe questions how much he’s really going to care about playing for the devils. Or along those lines anyway

Gazza272

Nothing that controversial really. Just said that he’s heard that Morrisonn has millions in the bank from a succesful business that he runs in Vancouver and maybe questions how much he’s really going to care about playing for the devils. Or along those lines anyway

Thanks

i'll file that along with 'David Brine will be gone by Christmas' in my predictions folder.

Hopefully Morrisson will have a couple of winners medals round his neck just like Brine did.......

kingmo19.1

Interesting comment on Dave Simms periscope tonight about our new signing, saying he’s got something like 20 million in the bank and not sure how committed he’ll be to playing.

Personally I can’t see that being the case, as if it was, what would be the point in coming over in the first place.
Simmsy demonstrating his expert Banking experience there!

Mazzoak

Does seem a bit odd that a guy with a business in Vancouver moves his family to Cardiff just because he wants to continue playing competitive hockey. He obviously doesn’t need the cash, so why not be playing in Canada, near home. How hungry is he, how fit is he and how much effort will he be putting in, time will tell, pretty obvious nobody else has offered him anything in Canada.

Mazzoak

Something similar was said about Patrick Bordeleau. Look how that went.

Devils icing him on Sunday, probably to sell tickets, no real panic to have him Saturday. Let’s hope it’s both a marketing win and a talented player win.

Devils86

Does seem a bit odd that a guy with a business in Vancouver moves his family to Cardiff just because he wants to continue playing competitive hockey. He obviously doesn’t need the cash, so why not be playing in Canada, near home. How hungry is he, how fit is he and how much effort will he be putting in, time will tell, pretty obvious nobody else has offered him anything in Canada.
On the flip side the fact he’s moved his family here when he doesn’t need to, has taken a break from his business when he doesn’t have to, shows he wants it. You are right he could just play non-competitive friendly hockey closer to home and not go through all that upheaval.

I can’t see personally why someone would go through all that to then not put the effort in. Go hard or go home type stuff.

voth26

Maybe just maybe he's here because of his previous conversation with Steve King, Lordo and is a man of his word ie when i've sorted things back home i'll contact you when i'm ready to join the Devils!!!!. Jesus just be glad a player of Morrisonn's quality wants to come and play in Cardiff and stop with the negative bullshit, the guy hasn't played a shift yet and his motives are already in question. As for the mouth piece Simms what the hell does he know of someone else's financial situation, time he buggered off and minded his own business!!

doron

maybe he just wants a change in lifestyle for himself and his family, maybe he wants to buy a franchise out this way, who cares, we are lucky he came to us . and I'm glad, we are lucky he thinks we are worth it. and the elite league .

BostonBart22

Something similar was said about Patrick Bordeleau. Look how that went.

Devils icing him on Sunday, probably to sell tickets, no real panic to have him Saturday. Let’s hope it’s both a marketing win and a talented player win.
saturdays game is more important at the moment , need a win to get back to winning ways..

Who says his family are here? I've not read that anywhere. Does he live in Canada ? Haven't read that anywhere. I believe his family are living in Croatia and won't be here until January , but what do I know. Why are we questioning his motives to come here? Bottom line is we've got a quality player who wants to wear our badge, i for one am very happy he's here. Is he motivated ? I think so. Let's just let him get on with playing hockey for us and enjoy watching his talents . He's obviously got the motivation to play

Wannabe2

We have all the info we need from our Mr King, the man obviously wanted to come here, he seems to be a man of his word. You can have all the money in the world, but if you still have dreams then live them, he obviously knows it’s a short career and wants to enjoy it whilst he can. Huge welcome Mr Morisonn, very good choice of club and venue, let’s now get this show on the road. Can’t fault it.

Jonesy83

People questioning his motives on here is the reason why they are told not to come and look at the forum, he's signed for us he wants to play for the team and some are questioning his motives.... What the hell
Has anyone question his motives for coming to Cardiff? Maybe 1 person at a push. If anything 99.9% of posters have said it’s a brilliant signing and we can’t wait to see him on the ice.

We are just chatting about what Simms said on his periscope the other night. Which pretty much everyone is smart enough to have a giggle at.

terry hunt

We have all the info we need from our Mr King, the man obviously wanted to come here, he seems to be a man of his word. You can have all the money in the world, but if you still have dreams then live them, he obviously knows it’s a short career and wants to enjoy it whilst he can. Huge welcome Mr Morisonn, very good choice of club and venue, let’s now get this show on the road. Can’t fault it.
I agree this guy has had a stay in Cardiff and spent time with the Devils organisation so he has a good idea where we are at.
Many people rate Wales, Cardiff and the Devils really good people.Take a look at the M4 westbound on Fridays when the 2nd home owners/visitors are pouring in.
His family may actually want to come HERE for lots of reasons.We need to give this man the benefit of the doubt and welcome what he could bring to our club.