New signing this friday!!

mjh

Steve, would you be kind enough to share with us how confident you are that we will be able to have a full arena for the start of the season in September? Hope all is well with you and your family.

Kevlar68

Good question but surely it's out of Steve's hands. We can all be confident that we'll get to see our team in a full arena but if the government keep restrictions in place for sporting events then there's nothing Steve can do about it.

Last edited:

mjh

Agreed. Perhaps I should have made clear in the question that, given the organisation's statement around intended commencement of the season, surely their confidence must be based on more than just hope. Had any talks with government or sporting bodies provided reason for confidence?

Good question but surely it's out of Steve's hands. We can all be confident that we'll get to see our team in a full arena but if the government keep restrictions in place for sporting events then there's nothing Steve can do about it.

Diablo3

Agreed. Perhaps I should have made clear in the question that, given the organisation's statement around intended commencement of the season, surely their confidence must be based on more than just hope. Had any talks with government or sporting bodies provided reason for confidence?
I think Todd said in another interview, we had to take the decision to start the season ourselves, no-one else was going to do it for us and we couldn't last another year without a proper season. But tbh given the vaccine roll out in the UK we should be pretty confident of full arena's in September. The virus will always be around, but so long as the vaccine stops the hospitalizations and deaths, there is no reason to stop the country getting back to normal.

moggy#9

I think Todd said in another interview, we had to take the decision to start the season ourselves, no-one else was going to do it for us and we couldn't last another year without a proper season. But tbh given the vaccine roll out in the UK we should be pretty confident of full arena's in September. The virus will always be around, but so long as the vaccine stops the hospitalizations and deaths, there is no reason to stop the country getting back to normal.
Ultimately I guess it's better to be prepared and have it come to nothing than to be unprepared. Our place in the chl committed is to the process. It may well be a rush to get everything together in time and for this reason it wouldn't be surprising if we tried to schedule the away chl double header on the August dates.

tim78

Looking forward to the new season, Massive thanks for the owners pulling the club through this.

Season ticket phone line at the ready.

Gaz G

Bit surprised there's been so little speculation over who this guy might be. I thought the first signing announcement in 2 years would have everyone trying to work it out.

Perhaps one of Mr Kings cryptic clues might get the ball rolling?

moggy#9

Bit surprised there's been so little speculation over who this guy might be. I thought the first signing announcement in 2 years would have everyone trying to work it out.

Well I see that jussi jokinen has just left karpat - but he's listed as retired.

Diablo3

How about the Nettie Robert Mayer from HC Davos rumoured to be leaving and has NHL experience

rocketbob

How about someone like Christoph Bertschy? Rumoured to be re-signing with Lausanne. But you all know how persuasive Franny and Todd can be and I bet Jarrod is awesome at this as well.

moggy#9

How about someone like Christoph Bertschy? Rumoured to be re-signing with Lausanne. But you all know how persuasive Franny and Todd can be and I bet Jarrod is awesome at this as well.
He'd certainly fit the jaw drop factor given his experience and age. His speed would also match skalde's ethos.

jenks33

Any guesses who it could be? I think it will be a player with Wilkes-Barre connections. How about Jamie Devane? Skalde coached him in Wilkes-Barre and I might be wrong but I swear he’s somebody we tried to sign in the past.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/37707/jamie-devane

Or how about Garrett Wilson? That would be one hell of a statement signing. Skalde coached him in Cincinnati and Wilkes-Barre. His CV is very impressive tho so he would probably attract attention from better leagues in Europe.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/23809/garrett-wilson