New season = rebuilding season?

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #1
With both head coach Andrew Lord & assistant coach Luke Piggott leaving for pastures new & rumours that big name players will be moving on next season. Seeing as the devils has been such a tight outfit these last few seasons do you think ithe next season for the devils will turn into a rebuilding season? With competitiveness dropping as the new coaching set up & new players find time to gel as a team?

Kevlar68

This could be said for all the teams with regards players leaving after this seasons wash out. As for coach i would have thought whoever comes in they will be of top quality and would be able to mould a good team out of whatever players we get from the recruitment drive.

Have Hope#35

In a recent interview TK said that the majority of returnees were already signed/deciding and that they'd be looking for around 5 new faces in line with previous campaigns! The players know what to expect in this league and how to Win so I would hope it wouldn't be too big of a transition for a New Coaching setup (especially if the New Coach turns out to be familiar with the EIHL already). Sheffield's re-build last season was much bigger than ours should be and they hit the ground running!

pjj365

In the press conference conference didn't Lordo say that the core is mainly signed and that, aa always, no more than 5 replacements are being considered.

There may be get out clauses for Covid in these contracts and we may have Covid related problems with new names but it does not look like a wholesale rebuild will be needed. For sure new coaches will have an impact but don't forget whose doing the recruitment - Todd, Franny and Lordo - and Todd at subsequent interviews was stressing the need for stability.

We may not be "up there" fighting for all the silverware or even any silverware but I doubt the season will be the washout implied by a rebuild.

Wannabe2

Don’t think next season will be that difficult myself, as has already been said, new players will probably be 5/6, with Todd at the helm, Franny who is so experienced , Lordo still giving his views, Mr King adding his expertise, and the clubs reputation I think we will be just fine. We have lost two real Diamonds, but this club will roll with the punches. Challenges have been around for this great club for donkeys years, this is just another of them, it’s time to turn the page, and get on with the next chapter, and when you got going for you what this club has going for it we will be just fine. Just give us a season to watch please, and we will lead from the front, that’s what this club does the best leads.
Happy Hockey Days.

august04

The club has faced much bigger challenges in its history than replacing Lord and Piggott, especially with the stable structure behind the scenes that we are very fortunate to have now. Change is not always a negative, some fresh ideas and voices may well do some players a lot of good, who knows? If the season goes ahead at all next season, I’m sure we’ll be just fine and still challenging for titles.

Gaz G

In terms of a rebuild, I think if this season goes ahead we'll be absolutely fine. What I'll be really interested to see is the following season. In many ways whoever the incoming coach is, their job is made slightly easier straight away because of the core players who have already signed to play for the Devil's and Lordo.

If the new coach comes in and alters things too much and the players look back to the "good old days" we may see an exodus.

Obviously I hope this isn't the case. However the only way I'd say we can guarantee it isn't the case is by having a coach who already knows the club and it's ethics etc. Continuity is key for me.

Dick and Dom...Wow....nice to know myself and Mo are still held in such high regard after our commitment and dedication to helping the club win back to back league championships and its first playoffs in 19 years.....I see so many unnecessary posts on here but this is pretty disrespectful to two people who gave absolutely everything possible to help our club succeed again...

The_Puck

Dick and Dom...Wow....nice to know myself and Mo are still held in such high regard after our commitment and dedication to helping the club win back to back league championships and its first playoffs in 19 years.....I see so many unnecessary posts on here but this is pretty disrespectful to two people who gave absolutely everything possible to help our club succeed again...
It was a joke! I put a winky face at the end of the sentence! Aargh. :(

Kevlar68

And dick and dom must be furious, two immature ridiculous idiot grown ups being compared to mature, hard working, dedicated, reliable servants to the greater cause of the devils.Mo and Elson. How dare you The_Puck.
;)
I'd second Mo and Elson.

BostonBart22

Capt fantastic Mo, gave his all to the devils, as with Jamie, even when Jamie was released by the devils i was quite shocked but the devils had their own reasons, i would welcome these 2 back with open arms...