New Rink

paulsasha

Thread starter #1
Hi All,
just wanted to know if the Devil management have thought about getting in someone from the past to open our new ice arena in January and who would you like to cut the ribbon,
my names would either

1/Glynne Dummett and SORAC group for making the dream come true
2/The new Devil owners
3/ John Lawless
4/ Brad Voth

My thoughts :Banana :pickle

mazza03

John Lawless and our new owners. Chris Hartry should be in the mix somewhere he has kept us up to date and was pushing in the background as well. :Banana :pickle

rocketbob

I think SORAC has to have some representation in recognition of everything that they have done to make the rink happen. It would be good to involve the Calgary4 also.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Diafol

Seeing as the new building is for the benefit of all ice users and not just the Devils then surely the SORAC committee members past and present deserve the limelight on opening night ?

Diafol said:
Seeing as the new building is for the benefit of all ice users and not just the Devils then surely the SORAC committee members past and present deserve the limelight on opening night ?
Seeing as tk, seamed to be dropping anyone who helped out the club I wouldn't hold my breath though they deserve it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BostonBart22

would be nice to have the players back who have had their shirts retired as part of the opening apart from brian dickson who sadly lost his life in a ski accident .

Sheincar

devils2001uk said:
Diafol said:
Seeing as tk, seamed to be dropping anyone who helped out the club I wouldn't hold my breath though they deserve it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
What you on about?

dave

I would guess that the opening if the arena IAW will get a high profile local politician like a Welsh minister etc. maybe with sorac as they represented all the users. it is upto ISW for the arena. For first Devils game it will be honour of first ceremonial face off then that would be the debate.

drainage

paulsasha said:
Hi All,
just wanted to know if the Devil management have thought about getting in someone from the past to open our new ice arena in January and who would you like to cut the ribbon,
my names would either

1/Glynne Dummett and SORAC group for making the dream come true
2/The new Devil owners
3/ John Lawless
4/ Brad Voth

My thoughts :Banana :pickle
A lot of fans worked petitioned marched etc without being SORAC members , for me any players with retired shirts but the man that brought hockey to Cardiff gets my vote. Without him I wouldn't have found out I loved hockey

wildthing74

BostonBart22 said:
would be nice to have the players back who have had their shirts retired as part of the opening apart from brian dickson who sadly lost his life in a ski accident .
Think it was an auto accident on a bus although he was a ski instructor. So sad and the fans held a memorial service and planted a tree in his memory.

Diafol said:
We didn't do it for the limelight or recognition, we did it because of our love of ice sports and to make sure they continued in South Wales. The main thing for us is that the building will be open anything else is a bonus.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and also a big thanks to everybody who supported us through the campaigns