New Look Web Cast

KaneDevils

Thread starter #1
I haven't yet purchased a game (for various reasons) but am looking to do so this Saturday. Before I part with my spondoolies, what are your views on it? Is it worth the money? Is the picture clear? Does in continually buffer? etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

Fantasic sharp picture hooked up to big screen. Only buffered in first period on Sunday but there were sound issues and I think they might have all been related but 2nd and 3rd were excellent. Would definitely purchase again ... Commentary was top notch as well not showing too much bias.

(Giants fan)

KaneDevils

Thread starter #5
Thanks cupcake. I ask because in my opinion the highlights are of quite a poor quality. If the cast is similar, I might just save my money.

dave

Kane

The webcast is 720 def the highlights are done from a different source ( =at moment) which is lower quality to allow quick editing to get on screen at the rink etc so you can not compare the two. In short quality of cast is higher so you can be confident in ordering

Not sure if it helps at all KaneDevils, this is a quick photo that I took with phone on Sunday of the picture I had on the tv.

Can't get the highlights loaded in work - but the message by dave should help.

the camera was zoomed in and I didn't bother trying to focus properly or anything but you can still see how sharp the picture was.

Attachments

KaneDevils

Thread starter #8
Bingo! That does it for me. Thanks Cupcake and Dave. Looks like a Saturday night in front of the telly! :D
Appreciate your help!

Do we still do that thing where you can download the game the next day for a smaller fee? Out tomorrow night but would still like to watch the games.

Finny

I reckon we will get far more people at £5.

It's only a couple of quid, less than 2 pints. I'd pay that without really thinking about it.
When you start getting to £8 then in your head you're not getting much change from a tenner and people would think more carefully before paying it.

TheStub

The biggest issue is now the sound quality. Pretty poor - too much rink noise and the mics up so high they are distorting like nothing.