New Jerseys...

Thread starter #1
I was just wondering what everyones opinions of the new jerseys are...?

Personally, I don't think the new home jersey is that nice, I definitely prefer the old one.

Is the away jersey the one the guy who went on the ice for a photo with the two captains wore?
- black with the "D" logo?

I assume the warm-up jerseys are still being made to order?

wildthing74

To be honest I haven't liked many of the jerseys in recent years.Not much effort seems to go into them they just seem to be a vehicle for carrying all these sponsor logos.Used to love the old shirts when we had just the one main sponsor.I know its no the done thing but all the logos spoil the look of the shirt for me.

I jumped the concusion white = home, black = away as with last season, (the guy who had his photo taken on ice was stood right in front of me at one point, I got a good look at it as it was the 1st new Jersey I had seen). I have nothing to back that up, but Im sticking to it :)

I thought it was quite nice, lots of patches are just the way it is these days, and it didn't look to "busy" which is a plus, unlike the photo of the Vipers (I think) Jersey that was posted a while back.

I thought the new jerseys looked nice. It wasn't packed with ads, and the ones which were there looked nice with the white backgrounds to 'blend' them in. Any ideas when they'll be on sale?

wildthing74 said:
To be honest I haven't liked many of the jerseys in recent years.Not much effort seems to go into them they just seem to be a vehicle for carrying all these sponsor logos.Used to love the old shirts when we had just the one main sponsor.I know its no the done thing but all the logos spoil the look of the shirt for me.
Got to agree the jerseys over the last few years have gone down hill in both design and quality. The last really good jersey was the 05/06 Challenge Cup jersey, call me old fashioned but I also ike the players number on the sleeves, hence I haven't bought one for since 06.

It's not too bad, I won the Mark smith shirt last night so I've got a good look at it an it's not as busy as the vipers shirt which I think is good. Not too over the top, I think that's it's more about who is in shirt not what's on it, but that's my thought on it. Saw someone wearing the red shirt at the skate with the players earlier and it looks pretty good

I think they are boring and they look the same year in year out, nothing seems to change i would like a different variation in style with maybe a bit more colour in the trim edging, if you know what i mean.

wildthing74

Finny said:
Add some strawberries....
Those strawberry shirts were the 2nd worse shirt we ever had after those stupid shirts we wore in the first game away to Swindon in the Dumas era.Looked like had been designed by a semi blind graffiti artist.Thankfully be the next game they were replaced by the classier looking ones that had the 3 feathers on the shoulders.

wildthing74

It was awful.Very Steelersesque in that it was trying to be funky with random colours.I think it was black with lime green,orange and bits of silver all over it and the name and numbers were done in stupid scroll.Everybody laughed at it but as we only had it 1 game I can't fully recall it.It was the game when we took loads of kids and I think was Stevie's first game so I guess it was first game in '94?.

I've only seen the home jersey so far, and it's not too bad. Not much difference from the previous two seasons except the sponsors have changed slightly obviously. Agree with the earlier comment about the white backgrounds to the badges making the jersey less "noisy" and much easier on the eyes.

ASHIPP

Much less 'busy' design than last year......still would prefer to see red jersey as the home jersey, black as the away jersey! :cool: Doubt that will ever happen!