New Jersey release

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #1
OK so according to the Cardiff Devils website the new 2020-21 merchandise range is being released in October. This will include the new Jersey designs for the season. Now we all know merchandise is vital source of revenue for the devils, especially Jersey sales. However as we all know its up in the air whether the new season will ever go ahead. So on that basis I was wondering since we're all die hard fans on this forum.

Regardless of whether the league starts up or gets cancelled this year. Who intends to buy a new jersey this season?

Kevlar68

Firstly the jerseys I buy for myself and family all get names and numbers on but we don't know the team so that counts us out.
Not only that the jerseys design has to look good like last seasons third jersey.
And thirdly if they are made by last year's supplier then it's a no as the sleeves were so short and quality of jersey wasn't great.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #3
Firstly the jerseys I buy for myself and family all get names and numbers on but we don't know the team so that counts us out.
Not only that the jerseys design has to look good like last seasons third jersey.
And thirdly if they are made by last year's supplier then it's a no as the sleeves were so short and quality of jersey wasn't great.
Currently I'm undecided. Here's why? I mean yes the Jersey has to look good but do I really want to buy a Jersey that the Devils may not actually wear? If the league is cancelled I assume there'll be a new jersey for the 2021-2022 season so I'll have potentially shelled out money for a design that wasn't actually worn by players on the ice.

As for last year's Jersey designs. I quite liked the shorter sleeves. The home and away designs were pretty average but the black challenge cup jersey was top notch aesthetically. Quality wise I didn't mind last years jerseys, the material was thinner of previous years but I wasn't bothered by it. my only issue is with the material of the numbers on the back. Over time they're durability is questionable and they're likely to crack/peel off. Stitched on numbers from previous years are far more durable but I assume much more time consuming and expensive to produce.

Swarley

From what Todd Kelman has said the new jerseys will not have the same issues as last season, referring to the massive delay caused by the company that was making them. I'm planning to get one but I'm more interested in knowing what the season ticket holders jersey design is going to be because I've heard rumours it'll be one of the designs that won the fan competition and honestly I'm not interested in buying a season ticket holders jersey that was designed by a fan because I didn't like any of the designs lol

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #5
From what Todd Kelman has said the new jerseys will not have the same issues as last season, referring to the massive delay caused by the company that was making them. I'm planning to get one but I'm more interested in knowing what the season ticket holders jersey design is going to be because I've heard rumours it'll be one of the designs that won the fan competition and honestly I'm not interested in buying a season ticket holders jersey that was designed by a fan because I didn't like any of the designs lol
I assume (or at least hope) the ST holders jersey doesn't have any adverts on it but if it's based on the design competition I only thought one of the two designs looked like a proper hockey Jersey so if the other design was picked I'd give it a miss even though I am a ST holder and was pleased when the St holder Jersey was originally announced.

Swarley

Will a season ticket holder get discount on a season ticket shirt then...
No idea, from what I remember about the promotion they had it was a season ticket holder only jersey they were offering, they didn't specify price or what it would look like just that it was part of the perk of being a st holder

BostonBart22

No idea, from what I remember about the promotion they had it was a season ticket holder only jersey they were offering, they didn't specify price or what it would look like just that it was part of the perk of being a st holder
OK thanks for that, it maybe part of a deal regarding the 4 games owed to us, not realy bothered about the 4 games, I'd rather the club have it..

Kevlar68

The problem is if there isn't a season, that means no team, which means no players you could only have a blank jersey that nay not ever get worn.
I'm all for helping the club but I would prefer they raffle all new shirts off if no season. They'll make more money per shirt..
If 200 fans only bought one ticket each that's £200 straight off instead of say £65 and you may get a jersey for £1.

Swarley

The problem is if there isn't a season, that means no team, which means no players you could only have a blank jersey that nay not ever get worn.
I'm all for helping the club but I would prefer they raffle all new shirts off if no season. They'll make more money per shirt..
If 200 fans only bought one ticket each that's £200 straight off instead of say £65 and you may get a jersey for £1.
As selfish as it sounds if they do a raffle for the jerseys I won't be taking part, I've always gotten a jersey and to not be able to due to my crap luck with raffles would drive me up the wall lol

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #13
Will a season ticket holder get discount on a season ticket shirt then...
I assume the price of the ST Jersey,
As selfish as it sounds if they do a raffle for the jerseys I won't be taking part, I've always gotten a jersey and to not be able to due to my crap luck with raffles would drive me up the wall lol
I've spent enough on raffle tickets this last 12 months I could have bought a game worn jersey at auction.

Kevlar68

Yep, all the helmets had gone so its a Taz black jersey for me, not to shabby!
Riley junior jersey, Piggot CHL jersey and now a Taz jersey.