New EIHL Title Sponsorship / TV deal

BostonBart22

Out of the 17 televised games that the dates have been released, the days of the week are
10 x Sundays
2 x Saturday’s
2 x Fridays
2 x Wednesday
1 x Monday.
see on the 17 games that no face off times listed so could be a change to certain face off times to accomadate premier sports.

Gough60

I hope people are not thinking that all these games scheduled will be free to air. Yes Freesport is as it says free, while Premier is a subscription channel. Just because Freesport is the sister channel to Premier, it dose not mean they will be broadcast simultaneously on both channels.
There is a small loophole. One person subscribes and has the benefit of watching on their tv, while a log in code allows "others" to watch on other devices. (sometimes up to 3 on say a pc or tablet in another location)

Diafol

Thread starter #29
I can't see any live games being aired on Freesports but it wouldn't surprise me if they were repeated on there later in the week.

moggy#9

Between Premier Sports and i21 it's hard to get a handle on the cost of watching our team online for the season. I do feel concerned.
I'll certainly be picking and choosing what I stream. I paid for the Nottingham game as I wanted to see what another potential contender looks like. I don't have the same interest in Manchester though. Who knows when I'll get to see a game live again.

Diafol

Thread starter #33
I can't see any live games being aired on Freesports but it wouldn't surprise me if they were repeated on there later in the week.
I've just been checking the Premier Sports / Free Sports listings and there's no repeat scheduled, or any signs of a highlights show.

YouTube it is then.

moggy#9

I believe after the 5.00 first month fee, it will go up to 7.99..
Having a look on the FAQs it seems to suggest £10.75 a month if you pay a year upfront, or £12.99 for a 6 month term. It seems an awful lot for a lot of stuff (rugby, speedway and foreign football) which I have no interest in. A lot cheaper than buying two stream a week I suppose though.

I do wonder, for a minority sport like ours, whether it's a good idea sitting coverage off behind a paywall.

Kevlar68

Any pay channel is the same really, you pay for the channel but maybe only watch 10% of what's on it, that's why I ditched all my pay channels years ago.
Now I watch everything through the net or downloads.

Rob Batch

I use cricfree all the time, very rarely do they have Prem Sports. I tried the others with no result. Anyone with new info should post it on here. I21 does not rule UK hockey.

Rob Batch

Heads up for anyone with intentions of giving money to Prem Sports, they make it very very hard to cancel. The worst TV subscription Co. I have ever come across. One game v Belfast the stream just stopped before the game ended, missed O/T and final result. Poor stream and very poor PR. Save your hard earned money !!