New Devils Jerseys

Devil94

On the jerseys tonight, Richie was wearing the C, and I saw Joey Martin and Trevor Cox wearing A's, didn't spot a 3rd A. I wonder if those will be confirmed. Richie and Joey obvious choices, Cox not so much.

E.D.S.

Great night tonight. Really well done. Great to see the players running some drills. Curious to see how they blend and what lines we end up with but a brilliant night and a nice touch doing some interviews - sometimes tricky to hear but otherwise another job well done by this organisation. Louis looks lean and fit, Batch was moving as well as last year and Waller looks smooth. Nice to see the two way guys as well, Appreciate it’s just training but it’s good to see some of the core looking fit and there’s just something very natural about seeing Bownsy back. Assume Kouzan hasn’t arrived yet.

Finny

Great night tonight. Really well done. Great to see the players running some drills. Curious to see how they blend and what lines we end up with but a brilliant night and a nice touch doing some interviews - sometimes tricky to hear but otherwise another job well done by this organisation. Louis looks lean and fit, Batch was moving as well as last year and Waller looks smooth. Nice to see the two way guys as well, Appreciate it’s just training but it’s good to see some of the core looking fit and there’s just something very natural about seeing Bownsy back. Assume Kouzan hasn’t arrived yet.
Kozun has a family wedding this weekend so flies in Monday.

Finny

On the jerseys tonight, Richie was wearing the C, and I saw Joey Martin and Trevor Cox wearing A's, didn't spot a 3rd A. I wonder if those will be confirmed. Richie and Joey obvious choices, Cox not so much.
We don’t know what players are like in the dressing room but based on the ice I’m not too surprised. Cox was one of our most consistent players last year and wasn’t afraid to put his body where it hurts.

Cox could well be a player that spends much of this decade at this club.

Devils86

Thread starter #248
Cox was interviewed by TK and he pointed out he (Cox) was wearing an A and asked him about being part of the leadership group.

If last season was C Ritchie; As for Dixon, Duggan and Mikkelson (??) - which means Joey comes back in as an A (seems very sensible) and Coxy gets an A.

Surprised but happy with it. Alternatives though? Batchy, Louis, Coughler

Does that mean there's less of a core of leadership in the spine of the side?

E.D.S.

Cox was interviewed by TK and he pointed out he (Cox) was wearing an A and asked him about being part of the leadership group.

If last season was C Ritchie; As for Dixon, Duggan and Mikkelson (??) - which means Joey comes back in as an A (seems very sensible) and Coxy gets an A.

Surprised but happy with it. Alternatives though? Batchy, Louis, Coughler

Does that mean there's less of a core of leadership in the spine of the side?
I think we’re blessed with a number of leaders. The letters on the shirt is just an admin exercise. We have to have them. There’s no way Louis, Bowns, Coughler or Crandall won’t be leading. Britton and Thompson will have their say. The team is littered with leaders that don’t have a letter. Luxury position to be in and I’m guessing it’s no fluke that DuPont has this.

Devil94

Well yes I guess that's the thing, we have so many contenders that I'm slightly surprised that Cox is one of them. If I was going to guess who were part of the leadership team without knowing, Cox would be near the bottom of my list in all honesty. Not saying it's a bad choice of course, just surprising when considering the others on the roster.
I guess I'm just basing that on him not being the most vocal, but on the other hand we know with Richie that there's more to it than that, and perhaps Dupes has seen similar qualities with Cox.
I thought maybe Thompson would have been in with a shout, but all 3 As are forwards. That's a bit unusual no?

Devils86

Thread starter #251
I think we’re blessed with a number of leaders. The letters on the shirt is just an admin exercise. We have to have them. There’s no way Louis, Bowns, Coughler or Crandall won’t be leading. Britton and Thompson will have their say. The team is littered with leaders that don’t have a letter. Luxury position to be in and I’m guessing it’s no fluke that DuPont has this.
That's the great thing about opinions...

When I look at our roster I don't see clutch guys that will grab the game or the team by the throat - there are some technical ballers don't get me wrong but less guys who will simply force the game back in our favour. Maybe that's due to new names I'm not familiar with yet....whereas last year we had new names who were big names like Mikkelson...

I don't count NM as they can't really send a message in games. Our new D men have some good stats but nobody who screams leadership or menace. Hence my picks of Louis and Batch.

Forwards - whilst we are blessed technically with Martin, Coughler, Reid, Crandall, Cox, Sandford....they all scream to me of guys who when they personally are having a bad night don't have the 'gumption' to drag us across the line (Martin maybe the only one).

It's not about being a big guy necessarily- it's about leading by example and affecting games. You can be technically brilliant; and/or hardworking....but you need to be influential...

I'm happy with our leadership group don't get me wrong, just not sure we have the strength in depth some people think.

But then again - that's just my opinion

The_Stick_

I’d say in regards to Cox, it isn’t all about on ice leadership, there’s probably a hell of a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we would not know about. If the players are looking at Cox as a leader in the locker room, and he’s a guy that demands the best out of the guys every single night, then he should be totally deserving of an A. I do appreciate however that there were multiple other guys who could of been given an A, but I feel that’s testament to the amount of leaders we have on the ice and behind the scenes!

Finny

Well yes I guess that's the thing, we have so many contenders that I'm slightly surprised that Cox is one of them. If I was going to guess who were part of the leadership team without knowing, Cox would be near the bottom of my list in all honesty. Not saying it's a bad choice of course, just surprising when considering the others on the roster.
I guess I'm just basing that on him not being the most vocal, but on the other hand we know with Richie that there's more to it than that, and perhaps Dupes has seen similar qualities with Cox.
I thought maybe Thompson would have been in with a shout, but all 3 As are forwards. That's a bit unusual no?
Ideally you want to spread the As across the lines so if something happens you have one (or the Captain) on the ice ready to talk to the officials.

The lines might change but we all seem to think that Martin, Cox and Duggan will be on different lines?