New Devils Jerseys

Finny

And last time I looked the council werent

Now have you typed into google images "Cardiff imagery" yet?

tell me what comes up please, I want you to answer not your forum cronies.
Photos of Cardiff. Places like Cardiff Bay, the Norwegian Church. Millennium Centre.

But I’m not sure of your point? We’ve had the City skyline on a jersey before.
With the exception of the Norwegian Church, most of the other buildings are newer than the club.

Finny

The thing is, Cardiff isn‘t really famous for anything other than being the Capital City of Wales. Yes it boomed during the industrial revolution thanks to coal. But no coal was mined here. Cardiff just happened to be near the coast and close to rivers of thone valleys that did mine coal.

As a result of being the capital of wales it was chosen to be the location of the national library of wales, the national stadium of wales, the government of wales etc

It‘s therefore very difficult to argue that Cardiff doesn’t symbolise welshness.

I hope there is some welshness on the jersey…….
You need to give me a chance to reply. I’m slow enough typing on my iPad without fact-checking everything on Google first.

Wannabe2

The thing is, Cardiff isn‘t really famous for anything other than being the Capital City of Wales. Yes it boomed during the industrial revolution thanks to coal. But no coal was mined here. Cardiff just happened to be near the coast and close to rivers of thone valleys that did mine coal.

As a result of being the capital of wales it was chosen to be the location of the national library of wales, the national stadium of wales, the government of wales etc

It‘s therefore very difficult to argue that Cardiff doesn’t symbolise welshness.

Thought the National Library of Wales was in Aberystwyth.

Samael

Photos of Cardiff. Places like Cardiff Bay, the Norwegian Church. Millennium Centre.

But I’m not sure of your point? We’ve had the City skyline on a jersey before.
With the exception of the Norwegian Church, most of the other buildings are newer than the club.
My point is you and few others here are trying to insinuate that a popular image of Cardiff is a Welsh Dragon, something it is known for, when it isn't. Your google image search confirms that and I thank you for at least being honest with the results. I don't care what is on the council website (who haven't exactly been a massive supporter of the club anyway) or some swimming club in Dinas with a Ukraine colour scheme!?

Samael

Ah I’ve had a good laugh reading this thread - thank you!

Samael, calm down dear, it’s only a shirt discussion!
I am calm dad. You can't reason with stupid and ignorant though so it gets blocked.

I genuinely am glad this has provided some people with a laugh though, it's been a boring day for me.

Kevlar68

Just out of interest i read up on why Cardiff if otherwise known as Bluebirds.
It was a City fan who had seen a play by a Belgian called "The Bluebirds" in 1911 and because the team played in all blue he started to call them Bluebirds, that's from a Cardiff City forum.

I think the only thing Cardiff can be identified by is it's docks the biggest exporter of coal in the world and one of the busiest in the world for its global position, oh and Scott of the Antarctic started his journey from Cardiff docks, not forgetting the film "Tiger Bay" that was also seen in cinemas around the world.
So i would say the Docks in our history is the biggest symbol of Cardiff.

Last edited:

pjj365

The national library is in Aberystwyth

Devils86

Thread starter #217
Anyway, I'm at the STH event - missed the start...

Saw red and black/grey jerseys on players during training. From distance red looked like our CHL one last year whilst black has a retro feel with red and white numbers

Not sure if there was a reveal pre-training but nothing on display in bar or in shop....

Prices this year:
Adult - Blank Replica £68
£78 for a player name number replica
£85 for a custom name and number
Kids replicas £50

Swarley

Anyway, I'm at the STH event - missed the start...

Saw red and black/grey jerseys on players during training. From distance red looked like our CHL one last year whilst black has a retro feel with red and white numbers

Not sure if there was a reveal pre-training but nothing on display in bar or in shop....

Prices this year:
Adult - Blank Replica £68
£78 for a player name number replica
£85 for a custom name and number
Kids replicas £50
From what I've been told they have no spare jerseys to display hopefully they'll have a large stock order incoming and will have the sth jersey at least on show even if its just a picture.