New Devils Jerseys

Devils86

Thread starter #61
I think the point of interest for many (myself included) is not just that I look forward to see what the new designs will be, but also that in previous seasons they have been released at a STH event, or an open pre-season training session, or at the Summit.

Odd that nothing has come out this year - save for Steve's comment on here. It's certainly not the biggest issue or a major point of discussion - but a passing footnote as we cross off the days on the calendar until hockey is back.

Samael

Room for at least 15000 up there where they can locate the state of the art on ice holographic projectors. At which point we will have an exhibition match against the Colorado Avalanche and thrash them 5-0. (TO ANY TWATTER TWITS WHO FEEL THE NEED TO START MAKING OUT OF CONTEXT QUOTES FROM HERE, I'M JOKING)

And the reason the jerseys haven't been revealed is they are being made by Adidas, but not in Indonesia. They are being made in Alex Ovechkin's mansion but have been delayed due to Russian sanctions.

Where is Rob Batch BTW? he'd liven things up around here.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Room for at least 15000 up there where they can locate the state of the art on ice holographic projectors. At which point we will have an exhibition match against the Colorado Avalanche and thrash them 5-0. (TO ANY TWATTER TWITS WHO FEEL THE NEED TO START MAKING OUT OF CONTEXT QUOTES FROM HERE, I'M JOKING)

And the reason the jerseys haven't been revealed is they are being made by Adidas, but not in Indonesia. They are being made in Alex Ovechkin's mansion but have been delayed due to Russian sanctions.

Where is Rob Batch BTW? he'd liven things up around here.
Last I’d heard - Rob went for a walk up in the gantry about 2 months ago and hasn’t been seen since!

James

Administrator
Some serious price gouging there at Sheffield who will sell far more than we ever do due to their larger fan base so their costs will likely be lower due to bulk orders (even if their website claims those items are made to order I bet they don't cost any where near £95 to produce).
Factor into that the league chairman and steelers owner, Two Point Tony owns the company that makes the jerseys too and he's winning on both fronts. Probably charging the steelers lots for the jerseys in the first place so he can shift the profit across to the other company.

kingmo19.1

Factor into that the league chairman and steelers owner, Two Point Tony owns the company that makes the jerseys too and he's winning on both fronts. Probably charging the steelers lots for the jerseys in the first place so he can shift the profit across to the other company.
I thought it was always Tony Hand that was known as 2 point Tony?

Earnie

There was a tight circumstance where Two Point Tony of Sheffield earned that title.
I forget what it was now! I am sure some of the knowledgeable chaps on here will remember?

Samael

That's a lot of pies he's got his fat little fingers in :eek:. I wasn't aware he owned rhino. They've had contracts to supply other teams with kit over the years too, haven't they? Saying that at least he's providing local employment although I'd guess they are probably on minimum wage.

Hedd Wyn John

Well let's just hope the designs are good then. They need to be nice if they are charging north of £75 considering they are thinner and screen printed. They cost almost as much as NHL fanatics jerseys now and while the fanatics 'embroidery' leaves a lot to be desired at least the actual Jersey is made of a heavier and softer material than the printed ones we are getting. I'm sure if Todd has read any of this thread he's probably thinking what a bunch of moaning bastards they are on the inferno, they are never happy lol
Inflation. Everything's going up. Energy costs are through the roof especially for industrial units like factories, fuel costs have gone up so shipping is more expensive. Staff shortages are forcing factories to pay more to retain Staff or give out overtime to keep production going etc.

So with all that factored in - do not be surprised if the Jerseys cost more this year. I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

Samael

I won't be surprised, and l've already mentioned inflation in this thread. It's just a pity we are paying more now for a product made with thinner materials. The design will have to be pretty sharp though for me to fork out £80+ for a silky screen print jersey. It's gonna need the original logo on it somewhere preferably the shoulders or sleeves for me to pick one up this year.

Last edited: