New Coach.....

Mazzoak

Kelman.

Think he’d do a great temporary coaching job until all the issues have gone and then bring in a decent experienced coach.

kettdevil1

Ceman is a solid front runner for me, intelligent coach and someone who has the strength to live with the ‘after Lordo’ pressure.

Whilst I respect Dixon immensely for what he does at Guildford, I can imagine some of the ‘physical play above all else’ fans sharpening their knives within a game or two... his style is not what a lot of fans have been calling for.

Definitely not Nielsen for me, nor Russell or Pasha (respect all three but I can’t see the fit) and Thompson would not be a good choice.

This is not massively insightful but my guess would be Ceman or a coach new to the U.K.

Gaz G

I'd suggest it has to be someone who has worked under Lordo. So an ex player. I say this because the core group who've played under Lordo for the last 3/4/5/6 years may find a change in methods difficult to get to grips with as a unit. Yes they should be able to adapt but when certain things are drilled into you everyday for that length of time it makes things a lot harder.

august04

Thread starter #25
I'd suggest it has to be someone who has worked under Lordo. So an ex player. I say this because the core group who've played under Lordo for the last 3/4/5/6 years may find a change in methods difficult to get to grips with as a unit. Yes they should be able to adapt but when certain things are drilled into you everyday for that length of time it makes things a lot harder.
You never know, they may relish a change of ideas? Lord even alluded to that in the press conference, 6 years is a long time to be hearing the same voice every day. Let’s be honest here, plenty on the forum and people who sit around me in the arena too, have criticised our style of play, particularly last year. At times it was like watching paint dry. A new direction might be of benefit to us as I’m sure it will benefit Lord in his new exciting venture. That’s not a criticism of Lord, we’ve been very lucky to have him here for so long but 6 years is a long time for a coach to remain in charge in any sport these days.If the virus wasn’t here, I’m certain we’d be replacing him from outside the club with an experienced, high end coach but that may well not be the case now and someone like Linglet for instance might benefit from that.

ASHIPP

Corey Neilson.....not only one of the most successful coaches during his time in Elite League but also a fine defenceman in his playing days.

As I recall, he went to the DEL2, took a maverick group of players who had languishing at the bottom end of the league the previous season and did something with that team (took them to the playoffs?)

august04

Thread starter #31
Never said that.. hes moved onto a different chapter in his career. But when in the UK he was THE coach who won things at will.
So you don’t want him back yet come on here and question when some posters say they don’t want him at the Devils? I don’t want him anywhere near the Devils thank you very much. Not quite sure why you’re so concerned what Devils fans think anyway - didn’t you describe Cardiff as a “cesspit” on your own teams’ forum recently?

Last edited:
The most successful coach of the eihl era, no cause not
Serial under achievers Nottingham never came anywhere near winning a league title under ‘coach Corey’ until David Ling takes them by the scruff of their collective necks and drags them across the line for their first league title in half a century! Then it was normal service resumed for the rest of the decade and by the end, fans by and large couldn’t wait to get rid of him!
Half a dozen challenge cups and a few playoff wins (mostly all played at home) doesn’t make him ‘ the most successful coach of the EIHL era.
I hate to say it but that title must go to the ‘busted flush’ that is now Paul Thompson.

Serial under achievers Nottingham never came anywhere near winning a league title under ‘coach Corey’ until David Ling takes them by the scruff of their collective necks and drags them across the line for their first league title in half a century! Then it was normal service resumed for the rest of the decade and by the end, fans by and large couldn’t wait to get rid of him!
Half a dozen challenge cups and a few playoff wins (mostly all played at home) doesn’t make him ‘ the most successful coach of the EIHL era.
I hate to say it but that title must go to the ‘busted flush’ that is now Paul Thompson.
Most successful is deemed by trophy counts! End of..

You never know Thommo may carry on his achievements with Devils

You never know now your purple patch is over with lordo you may go back to being your bang average bottle selves lol

Wannabe2

Pidge your own fans on the cage think you are a dick, so go back and crawl into your black and gold fairy land, as for being bang average you guys are experts at that one. When you can spell cesspit properly come back, in the meantime Keep up the homework you never know you may even grow up.

Ocko

It’s a bit of an impossible appointment; the culture within the club and the relationship the owners and TK will crave with the new coach points firmly at a former/current player. However the demand for success and trophies points firmly at an experienced coach and less of a gamble like a Chermonaz, Neilson, Adey, Weber type character (I don’t mean specifically those).

Lord has made himself almost irreplaceable. Fan favourite player, complete package as a player, player coach, built a team from scratch, played and coached with emotion and understood the fans, club and close to the ownership. But, most importantly, he delivered success by the bucketload and the best coach we ever had. Imagine taking over the reigns from that.

jenks33

You never know now your purple patch is over with lordo you may go back to being your bang average bottle selves lol
Hell of a quote when you support a side that has won one league title in 65 years or whatever it is. When we’ve had a rink to play in we’ve been very succesful (90’s and the last 5 years) playing in a wigwam and having no money was our problem! Nottingham have had no excuses.