My Turn - the premiere

zoesdevil

Absolutely agree and the original comment was a little unnecessary given the fact that 2000 people have already attended the benefit game, bought t-shirts, hoodies, programs etc to raise money for Scott and his family. I think Cardiff fans have supported Scott very well actually.
I think as has also been alluded to, is anyone really surprised by the poor take up of tickets, slap bang in the middle of the summer, right at the start of the school holiday period when people are heading away for their vacations? The timing couldn’t have been worse. If it had been delayed by 2 months, when the hockey season is up and running and people can be drip fed reminders at games beforehand, then I’m sure we’d be seeing a different outcome. The summer holidays are an expensive time for families who have just bought season tickets, face a hefty upgrade for pre-season and CHL games, never mind the cost of keeping kids occupied and entertained throughout their time off. It all adds up unfortunately.
Plus, not all Devils fans live in Cardiff, I live over an hour away, so no chance I can do it, unfortunately!

drainage

Bought my tickets yesterday. Even bringing along my Mrs who doesn’t even watch hockey.

This really needs to be supported better. Less than 5% of our fan base have got tickets for this so far, which isn’t fantastic considering we think we’re the best fans in the league. Let’s get behind Scott and his family.
I am going but think your comment is a tad harsh .....the game for Scott was massively supported as was merchandise sales and that evening in Bierkeller he and his family cannot doubt the support that comes from Wales for them. Also it’s holiday season people may be away , working etc

I am sure Scott and Katie appreciate the support that we have offered

drainage

I am going but think your comment is a tad harsh .....the game for Scott was massively supported as was merchandise sales and that evening in Bierkeller he and his family cannot doubt the support that comes from Wales for them. Also it’s holiday season people may be away , working etc

I am sure Scott and Katie appreciate the support that we have offered
Sorry I think it’s Catie not Katie !

Very emotional documentary exposing what a horrid illness this is, how his wife stays so strong I don't know, seems like he's now reached the stage where verbal communication is impossible, so glad my partner, daughter, friend and myself made the effort, came out with a sad heart though.

rocketbob

A powerful documentary that shows what the family are going through and what amazing fighters and human beings they are. All our best wishes for your ongoing fight to the Matzka family and friends.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gaz G

Genuinely astounded by the lack of interest in this topic since the last post on Friday.

I've deliberately given it a few days before making a comment.

I'm ashamed that none of you have had anything to say. I'm ashamed that nobody has come forward and talked this up.

A couple of months ago I referred to the same old clan on here as bipolar and got all sorts of grief. I was joking.

This is real. I've bought it and passed on the details to an awful lot of people who have literally no interest in Ice Hockey but have an interest in other far more touching and sensitive issues.

Pass the message on!!!!

Kevlar68

Just cause no comments on here doesn't mean no one has bought it and many i'm guessing went to the premier.
Many people may have read this thread but they don't have to comment and just cause no comments doesn't mean its being ignored.

Gaz G

Yes, my bad. We're the "best fans in the country/land"

Something actually important pops up and we're a bunch of mutes.

Parisi rocks up, has a few beers and a tour then goes home. 160 odd comments.

Scott Matzka goes through all of this like a bloody warrior and no one has anything to say.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Scott Matzka goes through all of this like a bloody warrior and no one has anything to say.
I was replying to this part of your message meaning lots of people had something to say about Scott. No one said don't donate anymore.

Just because people aren't commenting doesn't mean they're not donating. Many read this forum and aren't members.
Everybody who buys the film or makes a donation doesn't have to make themselves known with a comment.
Many people don't want to take credit for making donations that's why they stay anonymous.
A donation is a selfless act due to wanting to help.
Of course everybody wants to help Scott's Charity and i'm sure we all are.

So perhaps a new topic about being able to buy the film should be posted so the link doesn't get lost in this thread.

Last edited:

pjj365

Clap clap.

May as well delete this thread then as people have already donated.

Hang on a minute

Oxfam, Barnardo's, Prince's trust, greyhound rescue to name a few.

You'd better stop asking for help and donations because you had all that last week.
Just for information I and I have seen others have promoted this to a wider audience through Facebook. I tend not to preach to the converted

kettdevil1

Given that this is a discussion forum, I am not convinced that this thread is a discussion, hence the lack of replies.
I would suggest that almost everyone would agree that Scott Matzka is a warrior and as a community everyone is committed to doing what they can to help.
Stating the obvious, a discussion requires alternative views, hence, a lack of replies tends to indicate agreement. As pjj has said, this has been promoted heavily on other sites... as it should be...