My Bumper Cardiff Devils debate thread for boys (and girls)

Re: My Bumper Cardiff Devils debate thread for boys (and gir

+1 to that, great post Paul.

Be interested to see if the information you mention comes out. Was clear there was a lot more going on behind the G situation than meets the eye.

Kipper

TheStub said:
I have no great problem with the coach getting the team to run training, that has been standard for us for a while I believe. But when there is a backlash about how unseemly this is, you'd expect the club to make at least a cosmetic change to improve the situation.

I think that what annoys me the most is the poor image they give out.
As I have said previously under G the team most definitely did not run training and I have no idea why you keep repeating this fallacy

Kipper

Everything Paul Sullivan said.

Rumours are perm any 2 from 4 North American imports to be gassed after Challenge Cup games in favour of our new European players.

How on earth this club is going to recruit a team of any quality next season is beyond my comprehension. Oh expect early bird season ticket offers around the end of February. Form an orderly queue please

Ocko

Kipper said:
Rumours are perm any 2 from 4 North American imports to be gassed after Challenge Cup games in favour of our new European players.
If this were to be the case this would be the last season ticket I will get under this management.

Gospel

A question for everyone.

If PR gives in and says screw you all I want out, who is in line to buy him out & take over the running of the club?

If there is nobody im guessing your all prepared to chip in and buy him out then run the club in the EIHL?

all these rumours, ive been told this that & the other, well give names, give full details, stop hiding & just spit it bloody out!

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Kipper said:
If this were to be the case this would be the last season ticket I will get under this management.
That's the rumour, wait and see.

Paul Sullivan

Gospel said:
A question for everyone.

If PR gives in and says screw you all I want out, who is in line to buy him out & take over the running of the club?

If there is nobody im guessing your all prepared to chip in and buy him out then run the club in the EIHL?

all these rumours, ive been told this that & the other, well give names, give full details, stop hiding & just spit it bloody out!
Who would own 'da Chiefs' is a lesser problem than who owns them now. Approaches have been made however the (frankly insane) price tag that was attached would deter all but the most equally inane purchaser.

Gospel

Paul Sullivan said:
Gospel said:
A question for everyone.

Who would own 'da Chiefs' is a lesser problem than who owns them now. Approaches have been made however the (frankly insane) price tag that was attached would deter all but the most equally inane purchaser.

So the answer is nobody then.

If PR closed the holding company, Cardiff devils would not exist, not even in name, everything would have to start from scratch with a new name with the Council then under no obligation to provide facilities?

Ocko

AFAIK The council are under obligation to provide a facility for ice users of Cardiff, not the Cardiff Devils. Obviously we fall into that category but we are not the sole reason IAW is being provided.

Kipper

Gospel said:
A question for everyone.

If you're prepared to tolerate the mismanagement and total disregard for and treatment of decent human beings in such a cavalier manner just as long as the club puts out any random collection of individuals on the ice every week that is your choice. My hope is that the current management take heed and start to behave in an ethical and professional manner before they destroy what they have and are left with a worthless entity that whoever follows their tenure will have to rebuild from scratch.

Lastly, what is the club actually worth at present to any prospective buyer? There is very little remaining goodwill to trade on. There is no contract to allow the team to play in the new arena. The club is haemorrhaging sponsors and potential sponsors don't want to be associated with the current car crash. How much would you pay?

Ocko

If you've read the controversies with the Giants last year they were apparently worth £300k. We must be worth a fraction of that.

Paul Sullivan

Gospel said:
So the answer is nobody then.

If PR closed the holding company, Cardiff devils would not exist, not even in name, everything would have to start from scratch with a new name with the Council then under no obligation to provide facilities?
Please don't just be obtuse because you may not like the answer, or from whom it comes.

In point of fact the Cardiff Devils - in particularly our name - would easily continue to exist, as neither Paul Ragan nor any of his companies own the trademarks or intellectual property rights for 'Cardiff Devils'. He has a license agreement to use them. He may, or may not....., be paying the fees for that agreement.

You do have some precedent for one of your points though - folding the holding company has been done before.

Be under no illusion. The scare tactics of 'hockey at any cost under Ragan' are hollow, unfounded and total misdirection from the real issues. The old joke in UK Hockey is that when you buy a Club you get a logo and some broken sticks. In Paul's case, he is selling some broken sticks only.

What I find curious is on one hand he tells people it is a massive loss to own this company, and then says it is worth £500k to purchase it.

Surely only one of those can be correct, yes?

Kipper

Ocko said:
If you've read the controversies with the Giants last year they were apparently worth £300k. We must be worth a fraction of that.
Exactly and they have a track record of recent success, a fabulous facility, great support and a highly respected and proactive GM in Todd Kelman. We have a tent. A team and supporter base that is disintegrating. No contract to play in the new arena.

Ocko

What happened in Belfast, although for completely different reasons, set a precedent of what can be done.

The arena evicted the Belfast Giants, all the players resigned, then Todd Kelman and the arena effectively started a new Belfast Giants rendering their previous owners ownership to pretty much nothing.

Gospel

Kipper said:
Gospel said:
A question for everyone.

If you're prepared to tolerate the mismanagement and total disregard for and treatment of decent human beings in such a cavalier manner just as long as the club puts out any random collection of individuals on the ice every week that is your choice. My hope is that the current management take heed and start to behave in an ethical and professional manner before they destroy what they have and are left with a worthless entity that whoever follows their tenure will have to rebuild from scratch.

Lastly, what is the club actually worth at present to any prospective buyer? There is very little remaining goodwill to trade on. There is no contract to allow the team to play in the new arena. The club is haemorrhaging sponsors and potential sponsors don't want to be associated with the current car crash. How much would you pay?
Seems you misunderstood a simply question. I don't think ive mentioned agreeing to the what the management are doing, unless your seeing a different question to what ive asked? I asked who would step in to buy the club.

Im not friendly with any past present or future players, management or staff of the club, am not privy to any conversations of what aunty joan has been told by the cleaner, im asking as a pure neutral fan with no emotional baggage attached.

If the club has breached any contract obligations they can be dealt with via a Court surely? If some people have no scruples or humanity towards others there is absolutely sod all I can do to change them & im pretty sure nobody else will change them either.

As you have gone into the realms of whats happened to players, I can only go on what has been said on here & in the media. Do I agree with how players have been treated? Well if whats been said is true then no I don't but I don't have all the facts. Like I said earlier, if people have more facts then let the rest of us mere mortals know so we can actually make a properly informed decision.

Would I pay to watch lower calibre players? If it was good entertainment then yes I would & I have done. Would I pay to watch what was put out at the start of this season and end of last? Then no I wouldn't as I, along with many others, were bored senseless with how we were playing.

Paul im not trying to be obtuse, I asked a simple question looking for a simple answer, thank you for highlighting things so eloquently as always and I don't care what the answer is as long as its not the usual BS that most people put out.

Well as I said im not privy to the information you clearly are and I wasn't aware as im sure most people aren't, that PR believes the club is worth 500K.

Maybe we are getting somewhere now with more details being given out.

Paul Sullivan

Gospel said:
I think that is a good point, and one which I believe will be very much expanded upon in the coming days.

One thing to consider on that, is that in many cases it is not possible to divulge certain information without exposing or jeopardising the source of that information. In a balance as delicate as we currently sit, I applaud all those who have actually exercised caution, at risk to being themselves attacked as gossips or scaremongers.

Gospel - not in any way saying you have attacked these posters btw, just saying it has happened.

I am very much with The Stub in the fact that what we really need is reasoned debate, as dispassionate and impersonal as possible, based on facts.

Gospel

Paul Sullivan said:
Gospel said:
I think that is a good point, and one which I believe will be very much expanded upon in the coming days.

One thing to consider on that, is that in many cases it is not possible to divulge certain information without exposing or jeopardising the source of that information. In a balance as delicate as we currently sit, I applaud all those who have actually exercised caution, at risk to being themselves attacked as gossips or scaremongers.

Gospel - not in any way saying you have attacked these posters btw, just saying it has happened.

I am very much with The Stub in the fact that what we really need is reasoned debate, as dispassionate and impersonal as possible, based on facts.

The problem with all the so called 'reliable' information being put out is that nobody can tell if its true, total crap or just blatant lies for whatever reason.

I understand people want to protect their sources but putting it up on forums like this causes hysteria and eventually most of the stuff put up proves to be wrong!