Music

Kevlar68

Ah, Wikipedia, that great site of all truths.
I like all rock music, I also used to be a club dj in UK and around Europe I even DJ'd alongside The Prodigy in 1994 in cardiff, I've seen some operas, watched musicals, seen so many different styles of music live.
Music is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
Its a valid term to describe the genre of wishy washy rock so many of you here seem to be fond of, hair metal is another one.
I'm not sure anyone was asking that question. Amusingly as a big fan of the music you so clearly don't like I can tell you it is very much in the minority on the rotation. You're just listening out for it. Its a tough gig and you'll never please anyone. You do however want the crowd to get involved which you'll get more of a reaction from if they know the music. My dad was surprised how many 60s songs were played that he knew. The mix of old vs new is probably on balance about right.

Diafol

Problem is that by definition, pop music is what happens to be popular to the masses at any one time.
Hence why there is generally so much dross around with the odd gem here and there, the charts have been like that since they started back in the 1950s.

For every Beatles classic you'll find a Jedward or Bros track to even the balance !
(Cue the Beatles haters...)

Nobody is ever going to leave a Devils (or any other team's) game thinking "Wasn't the music awesome tonight ?"
It's just a means to an end, and as long as the crowd is reacting to it then the DJ is doing his job properly.

Samael

No, the question wasn't being asked, but as you referenced it and fat boy slim above decided to quote it l just thought ld point out it wasn't a term l made up.

You're right though, when l hear bad music it sticks out. It sticks out a lot at the games, always has.

Kevlar68

12 of our players are Canadian born and a majority of Canadian music is country and rock bands. I'm not the greatest fan of country music maybe my third least fav ahead of jazz and RnB but a few are quite good BUT NOT your Dolly and Kenny style stuff.

Slartibartfast

12 of our players are Canadian born and a majority of Canadian music is country and rock bands. I'm not the greatest fan of country music maybe my third least fav ahead of jazz and RnB but a few are quite good BUT NOT your Dolly and Kenny style stuff.
Theres nothing wrong with Dolly :)

I think Sully is doing a great job considering the circumstances and the poor sound quality inside the arena. Obviously music is varies with age, culture, environment aspect etc but you simply have to keep with a vast majority of the classics with a hard beat or known lyric to get the crowd involved.

One of the tracks I think would be an AMAZING entrance song with a very strong base, a tune that would get the crowd clapping and involved and possibly THE MOST relevant LYRIC for the name of the club is a track called Dance with the Devil (6th Gate) by D Devil. This group actually does a few haunting and atmospheric tracks.

Please have a listen through it all if you are able and you will see what I mean. Would really feel like a presence and thrown in a little lights down and red lights I think it could turn the place into a Lair......

kingmo19.1

I think Sully is doing a great job considering the circumstances and the poor sound quality inside the arena. Obviously music is varies with age, culture, environment aspect etc but you simply have to keep with a vast majority of the classics with a hard beat or known lyric to get the crowd involved.

One of the tracks I think would be an AMAZING entrance song with a very strong base, a tune that would get the crowd clapping and involved and possibly THE MOST relevant LYRIC for the name of the club is a track called Dance with the Devil (6th Gate) by D Devil. This group actually does a few haunting and atmospheric tracks.

Please have a listen through it all if you are able and you will see what I mean. Would really feel like a presence and thrown in a little lights down and red lights I think it could turn the place into a Lair......

Jeez, that’s awful! Get Dolly Parton on :)

(Somebody needs to close all those open gates - need some locks !!!!).

This was actually briefly used for the 2009/2010 season just before we began using our current (albeit slightly different version with The Contender theme) theme