Mountfield HK vs Devils - 5 Sept 19 - CHL

Gisland

look like both EIHL teams are on the way to heavy defeats tonight..Giants also down 2 mid way through the first..Not even close..

KaneDevils

3 or 4 minutes in periods 2 and 3 aside, we've been beaten on the night by a better side. Simple as that. Less said about the 1st period the better. Tough opposition though. Especially at their barn.

jenks33

Tough night. We played a very good team but we didn’t do ourselves justice tonight. My expectations are pretty low when we play these CHL away games, I just hope we play well and with plenty of energy. I don’t think we did tonight though. I’ll take 5-2 all day long, they could have easily scored 7 or 8

Diablo3

Agree we looked low on energy tonight. We only looked to be up to speed in the last 5 minutes. Still, any other season we would have expected heavy losses, so to hope for more shows how far we have come.

BostonBart22

Like lord said slow out the blocks first period, saying that he says that most defeats, the lads gotta face it , its a 60 min game not 40 or 50, omwards and upwards for saturday perhaps they will have a better first period to get us going..

It's just too tough for EIHL teams at the moment, we're playing against teams where this is their natural playing level, at home we can get results with the pure grit and determination but to keep that up for 4 straight games and including the travel is just too much against teams that play whole seasons like that.

Mountfield just looked that extra step or 2 quicker tonight, and they can control bobbling and bouncing pucks in a way you don't tend to see from EIHL level players, I think these CHL games are great to watch for that reason alone just seeing how the players on these teams are just the next level up with their stick handling and speed of thought, that's not to say they can't be beaten as they obviously can but you need a rock solid game plan, everyone to be right on the the same page and be able to maintain that away from home

KaneDevils

People expect to much. They see us win a game or 2 and make excuses when we lose..
We are ranked 30 for a reason lol
Making excuses? People are saying how they saw the game. The majority are in agreement. Ranked 30th maybe but We, less than a week ago, beat Graz and made them look 2nd best. Just not at it last night. Nowhere near the same intensity, but as has been said, more difficult away from home.

Last edited:

moggy#9

There were some factors that didn't help us; away from home, poor ice quality and some baffling reffing, but the devils didn't seem to be on their game in the way they were last weekend. Passes went astray or were too vague, players didn't know where their line mates were, and they seemed to be missing physicality. We were caught out with our coverage again and again. Yes, Mountfield are the better team, but I felt the result flattered them.

Devilsatw

Making excuses? People are saying how they saw the game. The majority are in agreement. Ranked 30th maybe but We, less than a week ago, beat Graz and made them look 2nd best. Just not at it last night. Nowhere near the same intensity, but as has been said, more difficult away from home.
Look at the post below you for example.
People saying poor ice poor passing we started slow etc etc. To me they are excuses.

Not one mention of mountfield being better than us