Mountfield HK vs Devils - 5 Sept 19 - CHL

moggy#9

Good first period from Mountfield and poor from the devils. Too many passes are going to space instead of tape to tape. We need a goal to get some confidence and manage our possession better. I hope they come out in the second as well as they did in the home leg.

Mountfield have pressed us hard. Cardiff haven't played badly just under pressure a lot and Mountfield have taken the few clear chances in front of goal, they have created. Mountfield also breaking very fast on the break. We have had little possession time in the Mountfield end zone.

Justtw

Mountfield are simply better. Devils spending way too much time defending. We look sluggish.
Disagree, we’ve got fight in this period. They’re faster yes but that last PP they were a bit rattled. They are quite honestly playing dirty and getting away with it.

Justtw

Think we are watching a different game, bud. Cant wait to see the shot count for this period. Can see it finishing 4 or 5 nil
Are we playing at our best? No. Are we playing badly? Not in the slightest. Some of our passing has been off and the D in the first period was shakey, this period we have definitely stepped up to the mark. If you honestly can’t see the positives in our plays and can’t see the number of penalties missed for MHK then yes, we’re watching different games “bud”.

KaneDevils

Are we playing at our best? No. Are we playing badly? Not in the slightest. Some of our passing has been off and the D in the first period was shakey, this period we have definitely stepped up to the mark. If you honestly can’t see the positives in our plays and can’t see the number of penalties missed for MHK then yes, we’re watching different games “bud”.
Why the sarcasm at the end? We are second best all over the ice. They are playing dirty and getting away with it? Absolute tosh.

KaneDevils

Yeah..... Think to be honest, we haven't been allowed to play. MHK have been relentless, intense, haven't made many mistakes and have simply wanted it more. Onwards and upwards. I can't see us getting anything Saturday. I hope I'm wrong!

moggy#9

Yeah..... Think to be honest, we haven't been allowed to play. MHK have been relentless, intense, haven't made many mistakes and have simply wanted it more. Onwards and upwards. I can't see us getting anything Saturday. I hope I'm wrong!
Yes Mountfield have been good, but we have been sloppy and got caught on the same plays over and over. Mountfield seem to have done their homework. The devil's haven't.