Mosey moves on

ASHIPP

The bottom line is that these guys need to be employed and playing meaningful hockey. This is particularly important for our Team GB players who are likely to be selected for the World's squad next year.

A year of not playing could really impact on career development and fitness levels.

Wishing Evan a great season in France. Hoping very much he will be back at the Devils next year.

BostonBart22

Sad thing about Ed moving on is he only played 8 games last season so he will be raring to go which ever team he went to, big loss to the devils , good luck Ed , may see you in 21/22 season .

Wannabe2

Thing is none of these guys are a big loss to us if we ain’t playing, and in fairness that’s not going to happen. So the lads getting a pay cheque and keeping fit is a win win for all. It’s a real bummer but it’s how it is, everyone needs to stay safe, get this shite time out of the way and get back to normality hopefully. The lads all signed to stay here because they wanted too, so returning as far as I am concerned is not a problem, these lads are treated so well they will be back. Stay Safe All.

august04

I can understand Joey Martin heading off to Norway as covid there is minimal. Mosey signing for a French team on the other hand is strange as France has more covid cases than the UK.
It’s a strange one. I don’t know, but can’t imagine the French league would have a lucrative TV deal to allow low/no attendance. Scandinavia, Germany, EBEL, Czech etc - yes, but France, really?

NathanG

It’s a strange one. I don’t know, but can’t imagine the French league would have a lucrative TV deal to allow low/no attendance. Scandinavia, Germany, EBEL, Czech etc - yes, but France, really?
I think Amien and other French teams are allowing full capacity with no social distancing from the 14th of this month. I read it on their website, translated of course

august04

I think Amien and other French teams are allowing full capacity with no social distancing from the 14th of this month. I read it on their website, translated of course
Incredible really if that’s true, given the number of daily new cases in France. A bit of a different approach than from our politicians!

BostonBart22

6 people died in the UK yesterday to Corona Virus, where as 80 people died in France yesterday.
Another fortnight and the french figures will be here no doubt care homes the main factor especially with winter approaching, 3600 new cases on each last 2 days , not looking good is it, can see the 5 mile lockdown next month again..Iknow I sound grim in all this but it will happen no doubt..

NathanG

Incredible really if that’s true, given the number of daily new cases in France. A bit of a different approach than from our politicians!
Might have to go on another hockey road trip out there. I went to a couple of play off games before the season was cut short. Decent standard.

moggy#9

Another fortnight and the french figures will be here no doubt care homes the main factor especially with winter approaching, 3600 new cases on each last 2 days , not looking good is it, can see the 5 mile lockdown next month again..Iknow I sound grim in all this but it will happen no doubt..
Frankly I think it's going to be a lot more severe than a five mile restriction (which I think was pretty ineffectual and pointless). Pubs need to be closed now if we're to avoid a second complete lockdown.

CaldicotDevil

Frankly I think it's going to be a lot more severe than a five mile restriction (which I think was pretty ineffectual and pointless). Pubs need to be closed now if we're to avoid a second complete lockdown.
Cases are going up but deaths and admissions to hospitals are still remaining extremely low.

Its still a serious disease and we still need to be caution. However we do need to think about life after covid. I don't want Wethersooons being only pub / restaurant surviving covid or Greggs the only coffee shop. If we keep shutting down every time we see a wave this may happen.

Leighton

Cases are going up but deaths and admissions to hospitals are still remaining extremely low.

Its still a serious disease and we still need to be caution. However we do need to think about life after covid. I don't want Wethersooons being only pub / restaurant surviving covid or Greggs the only coffee shop. If we keep shutting down every time we see a wave this may happen.
on CNN this morning "60% of restaurants could close forever" this is in the US obvs but i see a similar picture in most western economies. they were talking independent restaurants and bars etc.