Morrissette Injury

bb1

Thread starter #1
With Mo looking like he will miss the rest of the season with broken ankle according to rumours (they maybe just rumours). I wonder what plan f action the club will take?

Running now with Lord on ice and zero spares I really hope we bring someone in as (God forbid) one more injury could ruin everything for us.

Wish Mo a speedy recovery

ASHIPP

Hope Mo's recovery goes well. It might explain his struggles recently.

Hope our Club has identified a solid player to bring in as a replacement. Otherwise the overplaying of some core players at the moment will take its toll on individual and team performance.

February 15th is deadline day for signing players.

Kal

Speedy recovery Mo!

I'm not bothered either way on a replacement, if the club want an extra body awesome but i think the guys we have can see this through

JC23

Terry Phillips' article about the game last night states "Jake Morrisette needs surgery on an ankle injury" - sounds a little worse than a broken ankle to me.

bb1

Thread starter #6
That's what I've heard too.

The name that keeps coming up is Geoff Walker. He's looks like a superb power forward who can put the puck in the net. He's following Lordo on twitter as well as some other EIHL personnel.

If someone from our league signs him it will be one hell of a signing.

terry hunt

That's what I've heard too.

The name that keeps coming up is Geoff Walker. He's looks like a superb power forward who can put the puck in the net. He's following Lordo on twitter as well as some other EIHL personnel.

If someone from our league signs him it will be one hell of a signing.

Thommo says he is looking at 2 more players

ASHIPP

Yes Geoff Walker is apparently considering several offers - from this league and others. We don't even know if it is the Club's intention to bring in a replacement for Mo.

Devil94

I was happy not to get an extra guy in as we had an extra import already, but if this is true and Jake's out for a long time, then I think a new player is a must if we want to stay at the top. It will freshen things up for the whole roster, mentally and physically.

bb1

Thread starter #10
Exactly. It only takes one player to take a knock and we will struggle. Mo took a slap shot in last game that caused it.

I'm sure he is on Thommos radar, Coventrys and Panthers as far as rumours go.

Will be a great pick up.

JC23

I'll be honest when I first skimmed over this guy's stats I wasn't so impressed, after being corrected by @DevilDom I've done a bit more research into the guy, and god knows I was very wrong with my initial thoughts.

JC23

Would he have been a team mate of Biz at the Ontario Reign or at least part of their organisation?
May have been at the Mavericks at the same time in 2014/2015, but from what I can gather on Elite Prospects, aside from that they've always been in different leagues. The Reign were ECHL until this past offseason where they and the Manchester Monarchs switched leagues. This was due to their distances from the LA Kings organisation. Manchester being in New Hampshire (on the east coast) and Ontario Reign (being in Ontario California) are only 90 minutes away. Making it much easier on short notice to call up players if you find out one of your guys is injured at first practice on game day.

Sorry I went off a bit there.

Devil94

The club statement would suggest we're not looking to sign. Lord "I am going to be playing every game now. He is not a guy we can just replace, he brings so much to this team, but we have been carrying an extra import all season to ensure if we ran into injury troubles, we would still be in good shape."

But Terry Phillips' latest article saying we are looking to bring someone in.

Ocko

Lord never gives anything away on signings. I'd be amazed if the club werent really searching for someone.

A club in the EIHL has signed Walker by the looks of it so we'll find out who soon enough. Whoever gets him has got a really strong addition, will be as good a player as anyone in this league.

Michel16

Well on Twitter Geoff walker is following a few eihl based things, but Devils are the only club he is following at the moment so fingers crossed. I'll be very surprised if we didn't bring in another player though.

terry hunt

There is a rumour(doubtful) that Mike Richards is on the move to Europe.
Maybe 6-8 weeks with the Devils would put him in the shop window.

osh

Irrespective of Mo's unfortunate injury, I felt we needed to bring in someone decent to provide added impetus to our campaign before his injury. Now, with Mo being injured, it is more important than ever that we bring in another import. This last part of the season is going to be one tough run in, and should we suffer another injury we will really struggle. If we don't bring someone in, I'm afraid we will be the bridesmaid once again this season.