More players available?

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #1
Posted on another forum;

Rumours of Medveščak Zagreb being in financial trouble with the potential of folding.

Some sources reporting that the players have been told "they can all go"

The club have former EIHLers like Armstrong, Sauve, Hardy & Sylvestre in their line up, along with other useful players

Sylvestre anyone? :cool:

zoesdevil

Posted on another forum;

Rumours of Medveščak Zagreb being in financial trouble with the potential of folding.

The club have former EIHLers like Armstrong, Sauve, Hardy & Sylvestre in their line up, along with other useful players

I'd take Sauve & Sylvester!!

BostonBart22

Posted on another forum;

would take armstrong, probs end up at steelers and sylvestre giants..

bb1

Sauve, Armstrong and Sylvestre are all phenomenal players.

However we need to replace Faryna type and I dont think Armstrong or Sylvestre fit that bill. Both will be phenomenal points and goal guys but wont bring that energy Faryna did.

RedDevil17

I’d take Brine here. Very underrated player and wasn’t really given a chance by Lord. Could’ve easily done a great job for us playing up the lines. Great IQ as we all know. Would take Armstrong here because of his size and overall ability. Sylvestre is just going points galore and Sauve is just a solid D man and would help out our defensive problems. Whilst I can’t see the last 3 happening, Brine could be a possibility. His missus loved Cardiff apparently...

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Assuming Brine left because he’d had better offer, wouldn’t surprise me if he returned. If he was binned for other reasons, then l doubt a return.
I very much doubt Zagreb will fold though.

CaldicotDevil

I would take Sauve and move Batch back as a power forward. Batch has had a great season so far but Sauve would really sure up our defence. Then a line of Batch - Myers - Duggan would bring a hard hitting energy line.

jimmy snels

for you rob batch:

The Erste Bank Ice Hockey League club KHL Medvescak Zagreb is struggling with serious financial problems. The game operation for the rest of the season should not be secured. The team of head coach Aaron Fox faces an uncertain future.

This was also confirmed by Bernd Freimüller, scout of the EBEL feeder league in an interview with Sky reporter Constanze Weiss. "The players can all go. They were only asked to stay and play this weekend. But it looks catastrophic since the beginning of the season. " The Croats are about to go bankrupt and could no longer compete in the EBEL after the International Break.

RedDevil17

I think it was.... Sauve is a decent enough player but I am not convinced he is what we need now.....
The guy has played over 227 AHL games, a game in the DEL, 24 in the EBEL, 107 in the ECHL and 8 NHL games...pretty sure he's good enough and he'll tighten up our defence where there's still problems. Jeff Brown is just a beast i'd have him here on the 3rd line

Last edited:

bb1

The guy has played over 227 AHL games, a game in the DEL, 24 in the EBEL, 107 in the ECHL and 8 NHL games...pretty sure he's good enough and he'll tighten up our defence where there's still problems. Jeff Brown is just a beast i'd have him here on the 3rd line
Where would he fit in our current D? Just curious to see where we could fit him in. Would mean either Louis or Reddick would need to go to forward.

We need to replace Faryna so the only way this would be possible is if Louis went to forward role.