Money generator for the club .....

Mazzoak

Could always do a shares sale, offer supporters the opportunity to purchase a share in Devils ownership.

or

VIP boxes, basically the arena will need shields placed between spectators for the next few years. So have your own box made of perspex, maybe the bar could run a pipe to the box for unlimited beer, get some Sonos surround speakers installed.

Could always do a shares sale, offer supporters the opportunity to purchase a share in Devils ownership.

or

VIP boxes, basically the arena will need shields placed between spectators for the next few years. So have your own box made of perspex, maybe the bar could run a pipe to the box for unlimited beer, get some Sonos surround speakers installed.
Mazzoak I never thought I would agree with you but these are actually two good ideas. Realistically the second would require major work to the arena but I like the ideas

Kevlar68

So I may be wrong but I thought we're looking of ways to add revenue while there's no ice hockey as when the ice hockey resumes the revenue will start coming in.
Both the ideas of shares and boxes need ice hockey.
Without ice hockey being played your shares wouldn't make you any money. Without ice hockey being played you'd be sat in a perspex box in an empty rink.
On the idea of boxes where would they be? Did you say you worked for Mitchell & Butler, so where would the lines be run? Most boxes are bottle bars or beer jugs.
Also unlimited beer can end up a disaster at any sporting event and I know, I've managed hospitality and bars at WNIR, Millennium Stadium, Cheltenham Racecourse and Aintree.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

You sell them now........

Having said that when this storm finally breaks there will need to be a cash injection before revenue streams return.

Here‘s another idea.

VIP game night access, include changing room at some point, meet and greet, pregame meal, something on those lines.......

Mazzoak

Just imagine how many VIP boxes could be fitted up in the gantry! Thousands ;-)
A box for every fan!
You could make boxes on every seat, stack them. Should get at least three levels, you could potentially increase the capacity of IAW to 9,000. Could also maybe have the VIP ones hanging from the ceilings. Access pre Covid May have been an issue for some, post Covid shouldnt be an issue

Wannabe2

How do you get to your seats up a ladder???, seat 2 in front of seat 1 will block your view, as will seat 3 in front of seat 2 etc etc, and as for the bird cages hanging of the ceilings, how do you get there, what if you need a pee, how are they angled to see the ice, or do you lay on your chest. How do they all get out, just open the floor and drop em all on too the ice. What about supplying everyone with wings when you enter, we could then all hover all over the place, and install 2/300 windows where we could just fly out at the end of the 3rd. Also we could build family nests, like house Martins do they would look pretty neat.

Mazzoak

How do you get to your seats up a ladder???, seat 2 in front of seat 1 will block your view, as will seat 3 in front of seat 2 etc etc, and as for the bird cages hanging of the ceilings, how do you get there, what if you need a pee, how are they angled to see the ice, or do you lay on your chest. How do they all get out, just open the floor and drop em all on too the ice. What about supplying everyone with wings when you enter, we could then all hover all over the place, and install 2/300 windows where we could just fly out at the end of the 3rd. Also we could build family nests, like house Martins do they would look pretty neat.
Wannabe you have to think outside the box.......

I‘m more Leonardo DeVinci than Igor Sikorsky.

Mazzoak

The wings idea is definitely outside the box but can you imagine Todd doing air traffic control!
Drones are the future, programable, strap yourselves in to nice Ricardo seats, the box’s tilt downwards. Charge say £10,000 a seat a season. Lift the roof to improve capacity. Could even program them to follow the puck movement. 10 to 15 boxes, if the game is a bit dull the crowd could just observe the faces of those in the boxes, heck you could even run betting on which box has the most vomit.

What about doing a raffle for a season ticket.. if a season ticket costs £400 then have a raffle of 1000 numbers and charge £10 a ticket?. Club would gain 600 and also whith potential for food purchases over the season win win. Just an idea..
Think your maths maybe a little out on this one. £10 per ticket would generate 10k if 1000 tickets were sold, less the £400 would bring in £9600. Or did you mean £1 per ticket? Its a pretty good idea to be fair and I was thinking this myself when I entered the last Raffall. Plus if someone was to win then it may encourage that person to buy another season ticket to ensure that the seat next to them is reserved for whomever they decide to go along with so another win win.

Think your maths maybe a little out on this one. £10 per ticket would generate 10k if 1000 tickets were sold, less the £400 would bring in £9600. Or did you mean £1 per ticket? Its a pretty good idea to be fair and I was thinking this myself when I entered the last Raffall. Plus if someone was to win then it may encourage that person to buy another season ticket to ensure that the seat next to them is reserved for whomever they decide to go along with so another win win.

I should have read on as this has already been mentioned lol. Still think it's a good idea mind.

Wannabe2

I think roughly 1600 people have bought season ticket, they buy their seats together with family/ friends In their prefered blocks so they are sorted in their preferred locations like myself. If our average attendance is roughly 2600, how many of those other 1000 would be bothered paying £10 a ticket to win something that’s not a priority to them, otherwise like us they would buy one, although I understand money is tight , and then who wants to win a single seat. It’s great all these ideas to raise money for the club, but as has already been stated you need hockey for these to be viable, and if we have hockey we have revenue anyway, but it’s never a bad thing to want to help your club. Stay Safe Everyone.

Have Hope#35

I think roughly 1600 people have bought season ticket, they buy their seats together with family/ friends In their prefered blocks so they are sorted in their preferred locations like myself. If our average attendance is roughly 2600, how many of those other 1000 would be bothered paying £10 a ticket to win something that’s not a priority to them, otherwise like us they would buy one, although I understand money is tight , and then who wants to win a single seat. It’s great all these ideas to raise money for the club, but as has already been stated you need hockey for these to be viable, and if we have hockey we have revenue anyway, but it’s never a bad thing to want to help your club. Stay Safe Everyone.
It could be a free season ticket for someone who already has one as well - I'd spend a tenner if I thought I may save £500 on a future season ticket! It doesn't need to be open to just people who don't already have a season ticket.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #39
What would be a laugh and a potential money spinner for the club would be a post Covid combined Devils Player & Sponsors/celebs Game!

Basically 3 periods, 10 mins each running clock of 2 teams combined with players and sponsors/celebs!

Normal rules, obviously non contact but Devils Players can’t score, can only assist.

Make the admission £5 with some entertainment in the bar afterwards!

Might add a few ££ into the coffers and provide a much needed light hearted hockey fix post this horrible period.

Kevlar68

I like the idea but it could take half the period for a non skater to get from net to net to score.
I remember the Devils Angel's game at WNIR, bit like watching someone wading through mud but was for a good cause so that's all that mattered.

What about a skills tournament like the NHL has where players from all teams compete.
If all players from all teams competed it could be a good fun day or even weekend with an All stars game to finish.
When it can be watched by fans in an arena it could be a fund raiser, the teams could split the revenue to help them towards any losses through lock down.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/s...kills-competition-results-winners-every-event

Last edited: