MO

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
As mo is the most succsessful captain in the devils history does anyone think his shirt should be retired , if not hanging in the rafters maybe somewhere in the bar. shame our bar hasnt gone down the same road as gretskys was in the old wnir..

CaldicotDevil

Tough questions but I’d say no. In the future I can’t see us talking about Mo the same way we talk about Voth, Lawless & McEwen now.

For me Richie gets one maybe Lord in a few years if the success continues but no one else at moments.

That’s Martin, Myers, Bownsy missing out.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #5
It's a tough one, he is or is close to the most successful captain. I'm not for jersey retirements unless it's 1 every ten years at max.

I would prefer a hall of fame wall prints in the the bar or part of the rink.
Agree more in the bar area ..

rocketbob

Love the hall of fame idea. A suitable tribute that's easier to manage.
I definitely like the idea of a significant tribute that doesn't involve retiring another number. Several professional clubs across the pond pay tributes to players without retiring numbers. One example being the Dallas Cowboys have a "Ring of Honour" which displays numbers around the stadium encircling the field but does not retire them.

tim78

Full size acrylic or canvas prints in the bar would be fun. Like to see Mike Ware , Vezio, Brad Voth and Mo... in that order . ;)

Fingers cross we make the next CHL round we'll get a few rounds in for the owners and get the paper napkin agreements signed.

If we get another 3 seasons out of Martin and Bowns, they will be in line for retirements. No one else on the roster for me. Richie is a legend, but both Martin and Bowns are the best in the league in their respective positions.

I don’t like a hall of fame idea either.

Stuff like this makes me cringe. We just want to love every player too much.

When Braehead started their wall of fame there was almost a collective spewing around the league about what a stupid idea it was. A player is honoured enough by getting paid to do their hobby (and for all the gratitude shown by grown men fawning over them in the bar after the game).

Not everyone deserves an award, you devalue the ones that actually do deserve acknowledgement. It’s like giving out 4th place medals, or having a 3rd place game at a play off final weekend.

Gazza272

I don’t like a hall of fame idea either.

Stuff like this makes me cringe. We just want to love every player too much.

When Braehead started their wall of fame there was almost a collective spewing around the league about what a stupid idea it was. A player is honoured enough by getting paid to do their hobby (and for all the gratitude shown by grown men fawning over them in the bar after the game).

Not everyone deserves an award, you devalue the ones that actually do deserve acknowledgement. It’s like giving out 4th place medals, or having a 3rd place game at a play off final weekend.
That's because Glasgow have only been around a few years, and there wasn't enough time for players to have made the impact that a 'wall of fame' would and should warrant.

And I don't think a hall of fame would give recognition to everyone, but there are certainly a number of players who won't get a shirt retirement, but went above and beyond in a Devils shirt.

We aren't talking about putting a picture of Markus Rama on the wall.......But an Ivan Matulik? Definitely.

tim78

Wasn't there a name for the line with Matulik, Ware,etc in the super league days and even better anyone got a Pic fitting for it?