MNL

Vartel

What Chris says is correct, it has become impossible for me to give full time commitment to MNL. I would have been forced to step aside 2 seasons ago if it Russky had not come on board. He has already commented that he cannot devote as much time as previously.

I had planned to spend the early part of the season in North America but went over there in June/July instead (not a good idea as it was very hot) other than my usual trips to Tenerife I expect to be around for most of the season.

Having said that the biggest hurdle to running MNL still exists - LACK OF TEXTERS.

It it too much to ask the same small group (5 or 6) of texters to help us out every week. My appeals for texters over the last few seasons fell of deaf ears.

Maybe if there were offers of help we could reconsider running MNL.

OJ
Would it be possible for icetime or the devils to provide a season pass to the inferno for home games, to enable the host of MNL to watch the stream and be able to post updates without relying on texters? It doesnt fix the problem for away games, but could that help?

Home games are not a problem its the away games that cause problems. If it wasnt for a small group of travelling Devils fans and help from opposition fans MNL would have collapsed years ago

Rob Batch

Over the top probably, as usual. I've been looking forward to this weekend for so long it's hard to not be able to enjoy some form of 'live' version of the game. Even though it's pre-season I am impatient to see all the League's new players !

Russky

I can only echo what OJ says re texters. The idea of running MNL from the icetime tv webcast is good in theory but whether its technically and logistically feasible is another matter. I wish I could dedicate more time to it but unfortunately that is not possible. I will be busy most weekends this season so wont be available to host and weeknight matches are a definite non starter for me due to work commitments.

Last edited:
Ideally, it needs some tech savvy people to come up with a less labour intensive solution. If possible have the input autoposted into HTML (so remove the need for someone to manage) and someway to make the method of input less obtrusive. I've only texted once and I spent more time looking at my phone than the game. A voice to text app perhaps? Any ideas?

Auto inputting would be very dangerous as over the years i have needed to edit texts especially from non regular texters. Fans have their favourite players who can do no wrong whilst they will vent their anger with gusto at others THEY believe are underperforming or should t
have a taxi waiting for them outside the IAW