MNL

ASHIPP

So we have stuck 3 past the panthers number one netminder and our back up is playing fantastic.......Haha outstanding!!!
Not exactly balanced teams. Panthers are missing several imports and the others have been trickling in over the last week. Our team have all been training together since Monday and are only missing Andrew Hotham. Lordo coaching from the bench tonight?

Not a bad game considering it was Pre-Season.

Devils looked great, but that was expected with the majority being returnee's and the fact you're reigning champions. Murdy had a real solid game, never looked phased or shaky, stood strong throughout.

Panthers, as someone pointed out, lost out due to the indiscipline. Couple early penalties which were quite stupid mistakes to make, and Devils just gave our PK little chance. However, post-1st period, our PK did improve and kept you guys out on the other 2 or 3 occasions. I feel it's quite harsh to make light of Garnett conceding 3 after all the buzz around his signing and career. Our PK was poor, with 3 of the 4 skaters being British on the 1st PK, and the import being Spang, who is far from anything extraordinary. Besides the 1st, Garnett was relatively strong and it's wise to remember that the majority of our team are new to the league and systems, Garnett included so whilst I don't want that to be seen as 'just excuses', but more along the lines of it's not as simple as 'he's crap' which is exceptionally narrow minded.

Only one real incident to discuss, the Haddad hit on Kelsall (I think). Ugly hit, straight through the numbers and crumpled Kelsall into the boards. Not the way he wanted his debut and 18th birthday to go! Deserved the 10 minute misconduct and he's lucky it was Lee who tried to get him to answer for it. If Gagnon was on the ice I have no doubts that Haddad would've been no choiced, which is what I feel should've been the response. I'd have expected a no choice fight to occur if it was a Panther crunching one of Devils' guys into the boards too, just to add.

To summarise, Devils look quality. Paris stood out for me, big, very steady with good hockey sense, brilliant asset. I can only see you guys improving as Pre-Season and CHL goes on, and if whoever you play in the first league game aren't up to speed then they will pay a harsh price. I'm looking forward to the competitive games between Panthers and Devils, without a doubt they're going to be good ones!

Thanks for the summary of the game!! Very nice post to read.

No one gets to excited winning pre season games do they??
Of course it's nice to win but it's just for fitness etc for the players more than anything..

Russky

A glorified training session really. A win is a win and you can only match up against what is in front of you. Good for team bonding and getting to know each others style of play for the new additions to the roster.

Devil_Abroad

Not a bad game considering it was Pre-Season.

Devils looked great, but that was expected with the majority being returnee's and the fact you're reigning champions. Murdy had a real solid game, never looked phased or shaky, stood strong throughout.

Panthers, as someone pointed out, lost out due to the indiscipline. Couple early penalties which were quite stupid mistakes to make, and Devils just gave our PK little chance. However, post-1st period, our PK did improve and kept you guys out on the other 2 or 3 occasions. I feel it's quite harsh to make light of Garnett conceding 3 after all the buzz around his signing and career. Our PK was poor, with 3 of the 4 skaters being British on the 1st PK, and the import being Spang, who is far from anything extraordinary. Besides the 1st, Garnett was relatively strong and it's wise to remember that the majority of our team are new to the league and systems, Garnett included so whilst I don't want that to be seen as 'just excuses', but more along the lines of it's not as simple as 'he's crap' which is exceptionally narrow minded.

Only one real incident to discuss, the Haddad hit on Kelsall (I think). Ugly hit, straight through the numbers and crumpled Kelsall into the boards. Not the way he wanted his debut and 18th birthday to go! Deserved the 10 minute misconduct and he's lucky it was Lee who tried to get him to answer for it. If Gagnon was on the ice I have no doubts that Haddad would've been no choiced, which is what I feel should've been the response. I'd have expected a no choice fight to occur if it was a Panther crunching one of Devils' guys into the boards too, just to add.

To summarise, Devils look quality. Paris stood out for me, big, very steady with good hockey sense, brilliant asset. I can only see you guys improving as Pre-Season and CHL goes on, and if whoever you play in the first league game aren't up to speed then they will pay a harsh price. I'm looking forward to the competitive games between Panthers and Devils, without a doubt they're going to be good ones!
Very good summation. I would add that Paris is more horizontal than even Hotham! His fault for the break away Farmer goal - pinching in and no pace.

Having not played for a year Crowder was on the pk! Looks class but needs plenty of game time to get his legs back.

Happy we now have players willing to shoot - more one timers and wrist shots last night than half of last season lol

Panthers have depth this season! 4 imports shorts plus import Brit Perlini. At times we were being out muscled - they are a very very big team. They are also quick. If Neilson can coach game in game out then they will surely be one of the favourites.

Good to see emerging Brits on both sides. Tetlow though being a massive 6'6 can skate really well - great prospect. Rutkis for us was looking good too.

Great to have a pre-season game with an edge. Haddad under DOPS would get a game for that hit - very poor hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matbur

Nice balanced post from the Panthers fan above.

Bit of a worry about Paris getting back after jumping up on the play but first game back/pre-season etc, let's give him benefit of doubt.

Looking forward to tonight, Bowns should be starter and Hotham should ice. Murdy gonna be giving Lord tough decisions this season.

Can't wait for tonight.

ASHIPP

Looking at the updates from the Panthers' fan forum covering tonight's game in Cardiff. Some of their fans said a full Devils' team scraped a shoot-out win against a Panthers'team that had only 8/9 imports (2 took knocks last night, still waiting for 4 others to arrive in UK) and no3 netminder in goal.

Looking at the updates from the Panthers' fan forum covering tonight's game in Cardiff. Some of their fans said a full Devils' team scraped a shoot-out win against a Panthers'team that had only 8/9 imports (2 took knocks last night, still waiting for 4 others to arrive in UK) and no3 netminder in goal.
Well, the Devils won 3-1 against them last night without our star defenseman, no Lord, and they only put one goal away against our backup netty.... swings and roundabouts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

The Haddad hit doesn't look as bad in the Highlights as it was explained either! It was on Lacho too, not their kid... Not a good hit but it was almost side on!
Think you need to watch it again

It was bad the first time I saw it happen - we were sat right behind it - all we could see was Lachowicz's number and he wasn't upright

Just seen the highlights and it confirms what we saw

Very fortunate the game was a pre-season friendly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

Think you need to watch it again

It was bad the first time I saw it happen - we were sat right behind it - all we could see was Lachowicz's number and he wasn't upright

Just seen the highlights and it confirms what we saw

Very fortunate the game was a pre-season friendly

I agree it's nasty... Just not as horrific as I expected from the comments I've read on Twitter!

The Haddad hit doesn't look as bad in the Highlights as it was explained either! It was on Lacho too, not their kid... Not a good hit but it was almost side on, the stick into the back is a bit nasty mind!
Apologies for the mistake in my earlier post suggesting it was Kelsall who took the hit. I think Haddad threw a little slash/push at Kelsall about 10 seconds before the hit after Kelsall forced a turnover, so naturally I assumed it was Kelsall who he mullered as I couldn't see the numbers, just saw a small, light player.

As Devil_Abroad said, he's lucky it was only Pre-Season, very lucky Smith only gave a 2+10 on the night too.

Have Hope#35

Ah, I may not have seen the same Twitter comments lol

Apologies for the mistake in my earlier post suggesting it was Kelsall who took the hit. I think Haddad threw a little slash/push at Kelsall about 10 seconds before the hit after Kelsall forced a turnover, so naturally I assumed it was Kelsall who he mullered as I couldn't see the numbers, just saw a small, light player.

As Devil_Abroad said, he's lucky it was only Pre-Season, very lucky Smith only gave a 2+10 on the night too.
Wasn't a dig at you as I'd read in a few places that it was Kelsall... It's clearly Lacho though, not that it makes the hit any better! Probably a Game Penalty if it wasn't pre-season, Match at most.