MK Lightning Vs Devils - Sat 23 Sep 2017 - CC - Chat/Updates

jimmy snels

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=613470

Id say he could miss more than 2. Thats dirty as.
Arguably he missed the first 5 of the season anyhow :rolleyes:

Said it from the moment this team was announced. Its not a devils line up and we're going to get this kind of crap result as we're not able to switch to a different game plan easily. This idea we're fast is rubbish. This idea we are team tough is equally as garbage. The comments I've read about not the right kind of tough player out there... also rubbish. Its how you spend your budget and how its applied. The hockey im currently watching is not great to watch and if not for bowns who has made some unbelievable saves and had a high level of performance we could have lost easily to nottingham and mk at home.

That's the first game I've seen in person this season, but I've caught most of them on the webcast. The second period was dire - basic errors that gifted MK scoring chances. Lucky Browns was so good.

Piggott threw more hits in two shifts than everyone else bar Faryna, who looks like proper Devils material. Pope was missed from what I could see. Too many players out of position at times, and a noticeable lack of chemistry.

On small ice like that, I can't understand why we played such a non-physical game. MK have one guy with any toughness, and we tiptoed around them all game.

I'm just not sure the team really knows its identity yet. Are we team-tough, fast, skilled? No one seems to play like they know.

Hope things improve tonight.

youngbob

That slash from Crowder looked bad from the stand at the far end, but on the video that's not the sort of thing I'd expect to see from any player, very dangerous play

Bowns was the best player in my opinion, made some big saves, was left screened too many times, lost his stick and it took too long for someone to give him theirs

Passing was sloppy, too many went nowhere, or to an MKL player

MKL showed far more commitment and passion, and fully deserved their win

Regardless of the length of the ban (if he gets one) I doubt very much that he’ll be missed.
He’s been pretty anonymous so far, I know he didn’t play last season but he looks way off the pace and couple that with a few other players who also have been disappointing so far we could see the Challenge Cup and League silverware disappear in the next couple of weeks if we don’t find some consistency and results go against us.
I’ve seen no evidence of ‘team tough’ either, we aren’t missing Bordeleau the fighter but we are missing Bordeleau the wrecking ball game changer!

Kal

I'm wondering if maybe Lord is a bit too strict and is suppressing peoples natural games. Both Moore and Faryna seem to have gradually got duller from preseason to yesterday which is making them into shades of the players we saw last year. Whereas Doucet and Kearney seem to have flourished since moving away, they were phenomenal last night and I can see why we initially recruited Kearney last year shame we never got to see this side to his game.

kingmo19.1

Crowder slash is absolutely disgraceful - sad to say as a Devils fan but he deserves whatever ban is coming for that.

Lacklustre and boring start to the season.

Too many players still dining out on last season's success and quite a few of the new ones I'm not totally convinced with. Not the best scenario to begin a new campaign with.

Wannabe2

I'm wondering if maybe Lord is a bit too strict and is suppressing peoples natural games. Both Moore and Faryna seem to have gradually got duller from preseason to yesterday which is making them into shades of the players we saw last year. Whereas Doucet and Kearney seem to have flourished since moving away, they were phenomenal last night and I can see why we initially recruited Kearney last year shame we never got to see this side to his game.
Is this the same Lord who suppressed players into only winning three trophies, and was close to winning the grand slam, also the same man who suppressed the team into winnng the challenge cup in Sheffield against the Steelers. Doucet, Kearney, and Hudson were always going to go the extra mile, that's what players do against their old clubs. Are we on fire at the moment NO, if we win tonight that's 6 points out of a possible 6, you can't better that if we win of course. There are doubts about our team this year, as we now have expectations higher than they have been for many a year, and that can only mean one thing, we are in a better state than we have been for years, so let's support the guys, we are all in this together, give them time to show the Davos /panthers win was no fluke. Let's raise the roof tonight and show the rest what we Devils are all about.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Why is everyone having a melt down about losing early cup group games??! We were in EXACTLY the same position last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

Why is everyone having a melt down about losing early cup group games??! We were in EXACTLY the same position last year...

To be fair as mentioned by ASHIPP on the previous page, the Challenge Cup is different this season with the inclusion of 2 new teams the group stages are harder to qualify from. You only play 6 group games instead of 8. We have played 3 already and lost 2 of them.
Your only guaranteed to get out of the group if you finish in the top 2. We have Coventry to play home & away and Guildford to play at home and then that's our group games finished.
At present we look like not qualifying and considering we are the cup holders and the final once again is in Cardiff, not getting out of the group would be a major failure.

Meh. Maybe. I don't know. MK and Guildford are playing CC games, like the Devils would play late league games... it's the championship they have most chance of winning and feel they have something to prove.

Fans on here are so fickle [emoji23]

ASHIPP

Fans are not being fickle at all - the Club has set out its stall several times in the Summer and beginning of season. Their top priority is the defence and retention of the 3 titles won last season.

The debate on here is how difficult that is and whether the team is performing consistently enough to progress.

Because with the changes in the CC format this season at group stage, teams have 2 less games to try and qualify.

Only 6 games in group stage. Devils have already played 3, losing 2 of those. Three games left to play...if they lose one of those, they will be in danger of not qualifying for the next round.

Not just the disappointment of facing that situation. But the Club loses out on additional game revenues if the team progressed to the next stage/s.

As has already been seen, no game is a 'banker' this season. No easy results, no night off.

Last edited:
To be fair, I didn't see the game last night. But if it was anything like tonight - shambles. PP - rubbish. PK - rubbish. Defence - RUBBISH. Forward lines - not clicking. Our best line at the moment is our fourth line, and that's only because of the energy they're bringing. This is the worst game of devils hockey I think I've seen in 3 years...