Mike Urquhart and Alex Symonds Devils jerseys on Ebay.com

Thread starter #1
If Anyone who comes on this forum knows of any Devils fans who have bought these jerseys off Ebay.com, Mike Urquhart Cardiff Devils 1st season ebay number 150600849864 and an Alex Symonds 2006 playoff jersey ebay item number 150600559267 please DO NOT pay for them, this is a SCAM. I sold the Symonds Jersey to a buyer in the US last year but this wasn't the buyer i sold it to. The Urquhart jersey is still in my posession here in Cardiff and is framed on my stairs and i will NEVER sell it. It looks like to me the Fraudster has used my brothers Webshots photos of my jerseys to make a small buck on Ebay. They have both Ended probably on a buy it now auction, it doesn't state who bought them though.

Mods - I know postings related to ebay auctions wouldn't normally be allowed on the main forum but can an exception be made for this particular topic? This is a very clear case of a scammer listing Cardiff Devils jerseys that he/she does not own (and using photos taken from other collector websites) and listing jerseys at low buy it now prices to get quick sales.

I can personally vouch for the owner of the Urquhart jersey and as soon as I saw the ended listing on ebay was suspicious and raised the alarm.

wildthing74

Did you report it to Ebay Mike?I spotted it and Let Dai Vader know as I was pretty sure he owned the Urqhart.At that time I had not even noticed the Symmo one had been done too.

Chris

Administrator
Mods - I know postings related to ebay auctions wouldn't normally be allowed on the main forum but can an exception be made for this particular topic? This is a very clear case of a scammer listing Cardiff Devils jerseys that he/she does not own (and using photos taken from other collector websites) and listing jerseys at low buy it now prices to get quick sales.

I can personally vouch for the owner of the Urquhart jersey and as soon as I saw the ended listing on ebay was suspicious and raised the alarm.
No problem mate, it's only really posts linking straight to Ebay we don't want being listed on here as I imagine the forums would just become filled with them :)

As this is an information post, no problems letting it stay here at all, keep bumping if you need to also :)

Chris.

I spotted it just before leaving work as I was going through my e-mailed search results - messaged Mark as soon as I saw it as I'd seen the jersey on his website and knew the photos were the same - I haven't reported it to ebay as I think the actual owner of the jersey and the buy it now purchaser should do so as they're the ones directly affected. I can provide second hand evidence only.

Don't like seeing Devils jerseys being used to rip off anyone in our fanbase - you can tell from the fact that the listings were both buy it now at low prices that this is a case of an unscupulous seller trying to make a quick buck.

If the buyer of either of these jerseys reads this posting then please note that as long as you have paid via Paypal you should be able to get your money back - just make sure you file a dispute within the 45 day time limit and then turn it into a claim within the time limit thereafter.

In all my time of buying jerseys I've only ever once had to make a claim and that was for a Stuart Macrae Amarillo specialty jersey that was offered to me privately which never materialised. I got suspicious fairly quickly as I got holding e-mails after paying (haven't had time to post it, illness, out of town etc) and after 30 days they stopped replying. The old time limit with Paypal used to be 30 days but the fraudulent buyer didn't realise it had changed to 45 days. I got my money back in full. Even if the seller has taken the money out Paypal will still refund you, putting the seller's account into minus figures.

I've bought many hundreds of jerseys via ebay, from collectors, dealers and from teams all over the world and it is rare to get burned. Just remember folks, there is truth in the saying "If it looks too good to be true then it probably is too good to be true". That Urquhart jersey was priced way, way too low to be legit.

wildthing74

There is no question that the shirt was way too low but I guess sometimes the seller does not know what a gem their item maybe so price alone would not necessarily mean that the item is dodgy. I realised it was the same pic that I had seen on Mark's webshots but I can see how somebody could easily get duped.
What is more strange is how random an item it is.

steve

Dai - can you give me a ring at work tomorrow (any time after 8). I can look into this at work, and have direct links to ebay if needbe.

Office no. is 01597 826032, ask for Steve Williams. Cheers.

im selling the symo shirt on ebay whats the problem !!!!! its not a fake ive got the cert for it i brought off the geeser with the combat shorts who stands down stairs

shifty114 said:
im selling the symo shirt on ebay whats the problem !!!!! its not a fake ive got the cert for it i brought off the geeser with the combat shorts who stands down stairs
Not yours... i know yours is real, i used to own it ;)