Message from McMorrow

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Sean ‘The Sheriff’ McMorrow and his posse will be in the town centre to tell the good citizens of Dundee about the Stars and their forthcoming Elite League season. The Sheriff’s posse includes player/coach Dan Ceman, assistant coach Brent Hughes and Kris Phillips, who have confirmed they will be there to help out. Other players may be available but cannot be confirmed at this time. Dundee CCS Stars’ mascot Starski and his partner Chloe will also be making an appearance.

Dundee’s new sheriff had this to say about his first public appearance in Dundee, “The citizens of Dundee should be very excited, we are an Elite Ice Hockey League club in a small beautiful town. The group that Dan has put together guarantees that THE SHERIFF and your DUNDEE STARS will be the most EXCITING, ENTERTAINING and hands down the TOUGHEST team in the league this season. As THE SHERIFF OF DUNDEE, I will PROTECT my team-mates, GENERATE ENERGY and ENTERTAINMENT, be THE BEST and MOST DOMINANT FORE-CHECKER around, and DEFEND MY BRITISH ELITE LEAGUE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TO ALL CHALLENGERS. Ladies and gentleman of Dundee GET YOUR TICKETS NOW and be a part of THE BEST SHOW IN TOWN!.

Weather permitting you’ll find the Sheriff and his posse in and around the City Square from 12.00 pm until about 2.00 pm. The forecast for Dundee is good, but if it’s raining they’ll be taking shelter in the nearby Overgate Shopping Centre.

Stars’ director Charlie Ward said today, “Sean is really keen to get involved in the community and to promote Dundee CCS Stars and this is a perfect opportunity for the fans to come along and welcome him, and the other players to Dundee, while raising awareness of the club at the same time. I was impressed by the turnout when we arranged the recent ‘Meet the Coach’ night at short notice and it would be great to see a similar turnout for the other guys. I think this is a great idea, it’s exactly the kind of thing we must do to let the Dundee public know that Elite Hockey is in town, and up to now we have had a great response from the fans, so many thanks to you all and see you all at high noon on Saturday.”

Pure entertainment

Fair play to the bloke he is enthusiastic but being the toughest team with the best forechecker generally won't win you games. Entertainment? It does depend on what you class as being entertaining. I personally prefer my team winning games. I'm sure we won't all agree here.

Have to give it to the bloke though, he's definitley enthusiastic about the sport.

samidevils said:
Fair play to the bloke he is enthusiastic but being the toughest team with the best forechecker generally won't win you games. Entertainment? It does depend on what you class as being entertaining. I personally prefer my team winning games. I'm sure we won't all agree here.

Have to give it to the bloke though, he's definitley enthusiastic about the sport.
Not always, but the Calder Cup champions were extremely tough in the AHL this season. Colorado Eagles in the CHL are one of the best team's season after season and are always a tough team. Flyers nearly won the Stanley cup and they had a real tough side.. To me it's all about getting the right mix of toughness and skill to make a quality side that can use the toughness they have as a plus..

Great stuff by McM on promoting the Stars.. He will work hard all season to help try and get the fans into the arena.

I totally agree oneill, however the Flyers had top forwards and goalscorers, Dundee look pretty light up front scoring wise although their D look good.

voth26

he is a bit of a plonker :lol: :lol: but all credit to him, he is trying to generate interest for the stars and hockey in general in jockland hats off to him for that (or should that be sheriff's hats off :lol: )

Gazza272

I really wish the dundee staff would stop posting the press releases in Facebook form with large capital letters.

Hard to take it seriously.

I thought he had been requested to return across the pond because of some un-Sheriff like activities - hence the reason for leaving Belfast? :?

awww bless him. Can I ask him one question though? Do you plan to fight this season or just shove your opponents jersey over there head like last season :p