Mayhem Monday ....

Temme

Because without the Strong Season Ticket Sales, we probably wouldn't have been able to carry 2 imports for an entire season. That's a big reason we are able to fight on all fronts. Thus, if we get to a final in our own building, they can be rewarded.
I agree with you totally, i'm just trying to see both sides of the argument. As a longish term ST holder it's great that we get these benefits of not missing the games that aren't covered in our ST.

I think the issue possibly comes down to-

The CC final is a LEAGUE event.
the LEAGUE should therefore sell the tickets.

However - the LEAGUE gives the tickets to the individual clubs and tells them they can do with them what they please.

Much in the same way but the other way around - the POFW - the LEAGUE sells the tickets and it becomes a complete free for all with anyone able to get/not get tickets.

These are both league events - so why are the tickets distributed differently & how is that fair on non ST holders? Or should the POFW adopt the same principle whereby the Devils tickets go to ST holders first? As most of the ST holders would still miss out on seats as there are so many in comparison to our allocation & it would mean anyone without a ST would never get a seat unless bought 2nd hand...

(Again, i can't stress enough that i think it's a bloody great thing that we get first refusal!!!!!)

Sliput

Ahh, the good old argument about ST holders. You pay your money up front , you get the seat you want for every game and you dont have to worry about trying to get a seat when games sellout quickly.

Who do you think keeps the team going during the season ?? The walk ups thats who !!

I have had ST's in the past and i have also had seasons where i pay as i go and in both these circumstances i have never ever thought '' Boy i deserve special treatment''. Also, i know ST holders who wait to see if the Devils get there before buying Playoff tickets, should their tickets be held for them ?? of course not.

For 7 yrs i travelled 2 hrs each way for a home game, so factoring in ST's/Petrol/wear and tear on my car/getting home at stupid o clock on a Monday morning , i paid out a lot more than the average fan. I know most of the money didnt go to the team but it is still my money that was spent on supporting the Devils.

Basically , the point i am trying to make is that for me, a ST holder is no more worthy of a fan who pays on the door. To the club maybe but not when there are 11 other sets of fans involved.

Wannabe2

Surely the date for the final was set long ago, so it was always on a Sunday, as for accessibility/ distance surely whether it was in Sheffield/ Nottingham it wouldn’t be much different.

Wannabe2

Ahh, the good old argument about ST holders. You pay your money up front , you get the seat you want for every game and you dont have to worry about trying to get a seat when games sellout quickly.

Who do you think keeps the team going during the season ?? The walk ups thats who !!

I have had ST's in the past and i have also had seasons where i pay as i go and in both these circumstances i have never ever thought '' Boy i deserve special treatment''. Also, i know ST holders who wait to see if the Devils get there before buying Playoff tickets, should their tickets be held for them ?? of course not.

For 7 yrs i travelled 2 hrs each way for a home game, so factoring in ST's/Petrol/wear and tear on my car/getting home at stupid o clock on a Monday morning , i paid out a lot more than the average fan. I know most of the money didnt go to the team but it is still my money that was spent on supporting the Devils.

Basically , the point i am trying to make is that for me, a ST holder is no more worthy of a fan who pays on the door. To the club maybe but not when there are 11 other sets of fans involved.
But all clubs do this, if the final was in Coventry/ Braehead those season ticket holders would get first dibs, it’s what happens. On another tangent why do Steelers season ticket holders get preference over other clubs season ticket holders when it comes to the play-offs, what’s your thoughts guys.

ASHIPP

Surely the date for the final was set long ago, so it was always on a Sunday, as for accessibility/ distance surely whether it was in Sheffield/ Nottingham it wouldn’t be much different.
You are right - the date was known a while ago....but Giants' fans didn't know for certain their team would be in the Final until last Wednesday. To only be given a deadline of 2 days after that for their fans to see if they can re-organise commitments/travel and then get a ticket is pushing it.

As for accessibility, there are travel options available if the game was held in Nottingham/Sheffield - a choice of 3 airports within reasonable distance and even by coach/ferry, it's easier to travel from Holyhead or even Stranraer.

Last edited:

Have Hope#35

The clubs in question need to want to host the final too. I believe only one club professed an interest in hosting it this year.
The rental costs don't justify the other possible hosts/teams from bidding for it... especially if their team don't get to the Final! Imagine this years Final, how many would travel to Nottingham/Sheffield on a Sunday? Max. 500 Belfast and 1000 Cardiff imo.

Devil_Abroad

A STH only needs to miss 5 games to make their discount null, if they miss a 6th they're paying 65p more per game than a single ticket. I'd happily pay extra when i bought my ST for the CC final and i'd go if we were there or not.

With POFW i think all teams should have the same deal as Panthers and Steelers. STH's get to book with their respective clubs before tickets go on general sale and allocations could be worked out from that.
Totally disagree

I live 170 miles away and so a season ticket is not viable

I do see most games on IcetimeTV if we’re not visiting family and therefore watching it at the IAW

We also travel away to see them play

Why should we suffer because we can’t buy Season tickets for an end of season event in Nottingham?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earnie

There are various attitudes on here towards STH
Mine is simple: I buy a ST to ensure there is a seat reserved for me for EVERY home game.

RTfarty

There are various attitudes on here towards STH
Mine is simple: I buy a ST to ensure there is a seat reserved for me for EVERY home game.
The argument is that the CC final, irregardless of whether or not it's hosted at a team's 'home rink', should technically be considered a neutral venue as it is a league event, therefore not a home game.

Do season ticket holders get priority for the Playoff Weekend? - I don't actually know so excuse my naivety if they do - if not, why should the CC final be any different just because it's in our home rink?

My opinion: I think ST holders should be entitled to an early access window.. 24 hours say, but after that, all seats should be up for grabs in a team's respective allocation. I would also move the final to Nottingham.

Temme

Do season ticket holders get priority for the Playoff Weekend? - I don't actually know so excuse my naivety if they do - if not, why should the CC final be any different just because it's in our home rink?
I believe in Nottingham and Sheffield - YES
All other teams (Inc. Devils) - NO

Earnie

CC Final , as long as it is in Cardiff , I would expect an option to purchase a seat even though it may not be the regular one.
As for POFW that is something else. Join the fight with everyone else. I said earlier somewhere our allocation in Nottingham needs to be increased to three Blocks if we are on the corner bends.

august04

The other option is to revert back to a 2 legged home and away final series. You'll always get someone moaning that it's unfair for a one off final to be at IAW, Nottingham, Sheffield etc. That's the nature of the beast without a neutral venue. I used to quite like the 2 leg final, either is fine for me as long as the Devils are in it!

Sheincar

Season tickets are guaranteed income and allow the club to budget for the upcoming year and hence very important for the club. I know last year was a complete ballache to organise and they still got hassle. There are still Sheffield fans moaning about the way it was organised today on Steeltalk, and the steelers didn't even get close to selling their allocated portion. I do sympathise ,it's stressful trying to get tickets online, especially with both events going on sale the same day, and the Devils ticketing provider not really being up to the task of rush sales. I think the site they use for sales is tied to their till system so they will be limited in some respects as to how they can improve that. Todd mentioned in the last fan council meeting hes a strong advocate of allocated day sales per team as others have suggested so you're only battling to get tickets against other fans from your team. Hopefully that will be addressed next year as once again the POFW tickets appear to have gone less than swimmingly.
Had already spoken to Andy Buxton about this & he seemed to be on board with the idea. And yet when I asked Kelman about that very point in a Q&A I was told that EIHL had no control over how the tickets were sold as that was down to the arena.