Matzka facing the Bruins

ASHIPP

Well done to Scott. :cool: Wonder who will be playing on his line? It will be interesting to see what happens with the selection. Is it going to be predominantly Giants players with the very best of the rest from the League.....or will there be a fair representation from all teams?

Finny

Seeing as Belfast have pretty much organised all this and would expect most of the fans to be from Belfast - I think it would only be fair to have more Giants players than anyone else.

1 player from each team plus 2 from some of the top teams, and then 8 or so from the Giants would be fair IMO.

Finny said:
Seeing as Belfast have pretty much organised all this and would expect most of the fans to be from Belfast - I think it would only be fair to have more Giants players than anyone else.

1 player from each team plus 2 from some of the top teams, and then 8 or so from the Giants would be fair IMO.
I completely agree with this, the best course of action is to put out the team that displays the best talent in the elite league, based on the giants team this season I'd say that means the giants with a select few from other teams that are top quality players, matzka certainly seems to fit the bill.

osh

Yeh, would agree with both Finny and Eskarin on this one. Probably about a third of the players from Giants - only fair as its their concept and being played in their arena - and the rest to be the pick of the league. lets not forget that there will be a lot of disappointed Giants players who won't be involved, but if the Elite League wants to show its standards I would suggest the following (based on 4 line hockey) = squad of 22. Interesting to note that Matzka has been recognised early on as being a stand out player.

8 Giants including a nettie
1 from every other team - (that gives us 15 so far ) and then the very best remaining 7 players from whatever teams. I would imagine the coaches to go with the more experienced gritty type of players and a couple of players to mix it up as and when required. The Bruins will be treating this as a serious game before going to Prague and players will be playing for places on the team. looking forward to this game, great idea and lets hope it continues in a similar vein next season.

The one thing I really am hoping to see is some strong brit representation, I'm thinking Colin shields and two others could make up a decent 3rd/4th line, maybe not so hard hitting but hard working and hopefully (but unlikely) high scoring lol

Any one have any names they'd like to see announced, brit or other?

Gazza272

I find it intersting that Doug Christiansen did a blog earlier in the off season saying the 'Bruins' factor was big in his recruiting.

How many Giants will be slightly peeved off if they dont make the final cut?....