Maths ahead of this weeks games

The_Puck

Thread starter #1
I’ve worked out every case scenario of what could happen this week.
I may be wrong on 1 or 2 scenarios but I’m pretty confident with my workings out.
1) If we get 3 points we win the league.
2) If Belfast lose in regulation against Coventry and lose in any way against Fife on Friday, we win the league.
3) If 2 of Belfast’s games on to OT, we can win it with a regulation win against MK on Saturday or Sunday against Coventry.
4) If Belfast drop 1 point over the final 3 games, we need any type of win over 2 games.
5) If Belfast drop 2 points over the final 3 games, we only need a point in the final 2 games.
6) If Belfast drop 3 points over the final 3 games, we win the league regardless of our results.
That’s it I think, but if there are any other scenarios I have missed out then please comment.
But let’s just get 2 wins to make sure.

Wannabe2

More confused than ever now, think I will stick to the fact that if we take 3points from our last 2 games we win the league.

pjj365

I may be wrong on 1 or 2 scenarios but I’m pretty confident with my workings out.
2) If Belfast lose in regulation against Coventry and lose in any way against Fife on Friday, we win the league.
3) If 2 of Belfast’s games on to OT, we can win it with a regulation win against MK on Saturday or Sunday against Coventry.
4) If Belfast drop 1 point over the final 3 games, we need any type of win over 2 games.
5) If Belfast drop 2 points over the final 3 games, we only need a point in the final 2 games.
6) If Belfast drop 3 points over the final 3 games, we win the league regardless of our results.
That’s it I think, but if there are any other scenarios I have missed out then please comment.
My brain now hurts!

If equal on points it is:
Number of regulation wins. If equal then it is total numder of wins. If still equal it is points gained in games between the two teams. That is where we lose it.

The_Puck

Thread starter #9
What if we finish on equal points?
So the first tie breaker is regulation wins. We currently have 1 more regulation win than Belfast. If 2 of Belfast’s games go to OT and we win a game this weekend in regulation, we win the league. This is because we would have 1 more regulation win than Belfast regardless of the other scores. If we’re equal on regulation wins, it then goes to overall wins, and I think Belfast will beat us on that one. If we’re tied on normal wins, it goes to games against eachother. Belfast have 8 points against us and we have 6 points against them. It’s confusing I know but if 2 of their games go to OT, we just need a regulation win.

bdevil

On point 4) if Belfast drop 1 point over their final 3 games we also win the league with 2 ot/so losses I believe. What an anticlimax that would be..

BostonBart22

Can we call on duckworth lewis..

RedDevil17

I’ve heard that Besko and Murphy are injured and that’s why Dickson played the last period or so of the game. Found it strange that Murphy wasn’t the backup in the first place so he’s probably injured. Heard Besko has broke his hand hence why he didn’t finish the game. Very interesting if true...

BostonBart22

I’ve heard that Besko and Murphy are injured and that’s why Dickson played the last period or so of the game. Found it strange that Murphy wasn’t the backup in the first place so he’s probably injured. Heard Besko has broke his hand hence why he didn’t finish the game. Very interesting if true...
Broke his hand celebrating challenge cup final ..that's why he didn't play Coventry double header at home

voth26

I've heard the same, but the sceptic in me wonders was it started by the giants and or their fans and is it an attempt at mind games by the giants to lull us into a false sense of security??