Match Night Experience

youngbob

See thread on Devils taking over operation of IAW (not ownership)

Scores were displayed last night, Todd promised Wi-Fi is coming

So - people ARE listening, and starting to take actions

Temme

Something that it may be worth Paul noting with the music choice - we play Demi Lovato - Instruction at every game, however we don't play the radio edit, and there is a definite swear word that can be heard clear as day over the speakers.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d.....69i57j0l2.4558j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 (link to the lyrics just in case you haven't heard it)

Not that I particularly care, nor do i think anyone would raise any issue with it, but "B*tch i don't need introduction" could be taken a little offensively with some people, just something for them to think about!

Foxy

Anyone notice the bloke that collects up all the pucks pushed them to centre ice last night before puck had been picked lol

Ocko

Don't get all the hate for Zorb football. It's light period break entertainment. I wouldn't really care if we didn't have anything and gave the ice better time to dry. Or cut down to a 15 minute intermission.

In the scraping the barrel of things to entertain a crowd in 3 minutes zorb football is one of the better things.

Guys in I know this is always brought up but any chance of new songs being chanted??

Same old devils devils. Or let’s go devils is boring..

How about Andrew lords Barmy army Andrew Lords Barmy army??

Maybe a few others.

It just breaks it up a little bit and be nice for a change.

Leighton

Guys in I know this is always brought up but any chance of new songs being chanted??

Same old devils devils. Or let’s go devils is boring..

How about Andrew lords Barmy army Andrew Lords Barmy army??

Maybe a few others.

It just breaks it up a little bit and be nice for a change.
its hard enough getting a "lets go devils" going! :):):)

maybe we need a chant-meister general like Davos

kingmo19.1

I used to love thirty seconds to mars linkin park etc being played acdc food fighters..

Now all we get is cheesy crap
It’s pretty evident to me that the match night experience has been dumbed down to suit a younger more family orientated audience.

On match night these days it can resemble a crèche more than an ice hockey rink. I think this is a real shame as it’s a very non-intimidating atmosphere for any away team to walk into. Gotta say, it’s also pretty boring.

Johnnybravo1927

It’s pretty evident to me that the match night experience has been dumbed down to suit a younger more family orientated audience.

On match night these days it can resemble a crèche more than an ice hockey rink. I think this is a real shame as it’s a very non-intimidating atmosphere for any away team to walk into. Gotta say, it’s also pretty boring.
I sort of see your point. My kids are 9 and 6 and we have been going as a family for 3 years but there are a lot more kids now than there was back then. I imagine that families are the target audience as they usually spend a good bit in the shop etc and it is a business thats in a limited market but I get your point about no longer having that fear factor for opposition players

What bugs me is the newer people who come (nothing against new people coming as we're all new at some point) and all they do is drink loads, take pictures of themselves, swear and personally; I think this is a waste of seats. I was sat with these types of people on Friday and I overheard them say that they need to post selfies because it was "cool".
I cant buy a season ticket due to work but I feel quite annoyed knowning these types of people are wasting seats when there are people wanting to go but can't. If they are interested in the game then happy days, but a lot aren't - it's more like a fashion show.

I feel the same goes for kids. There are A LOT there with no interest at all and it does seem like a play group from time to time. Shame really.

Leighton

What bugs me is the newer people who come (nothing against new people coming as we're all new at some point) and all they do is drink loads, take pictures of themselves, swear and personally; I think this is a waste of seats. I was sat with these types of people on Friday and I overheard them say that they need to post selfies because it was "cool".
I cant buy a season ticket due to work but I feel quite annoyed knowning these types of people are wasting seats when there are people wanting to go but can't. If they are interested in the game then happy days, but a lot aren't - it's more like a fashion show.

I feel the same goes for kids. There are A LOT there with no interest at all and it does seem like a play group from time to time. Shame really.
I watched a group of lads who were clearly first timers out on thr lash a few weeks ago - first period up and down like yo-yos, drinking, selfies, shouting at players in the penalty box... Second period, 1/2 of them disappeared and a lot less up and down... Third period all empty seats....

I watched a group of lads who were clearly first timers out on thr lash a few weeks ago - first period up and down like yo-yos, drinking, selfies, shouting at players in the penalty box... Second period, 1/2 of them disappeared and a lot less up and down... Third period all empty seats....
Ahh see, what a waste. The group by me were either talking about makeup, holidays or house parties. Things you could do in a pub, if you want to drink. I find it really frustrating!

Some maybe promotional tickets. It’s not perfect, but 97% “sales” keeps the accounts happy, the ROI on track and the future prospects of the club healthier. The risk to the club in giving away seats, potentially upsetting fans wanting to watch hockey is probably not that great, as they’ll likely complain, whilst still going to games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We all went to a “first game” maybe it was 30 years ago maybe a few weeks or months ago we didn’t have much of a clue and some only went to one or two games and some are still going strong 30+ years on ! This is how it is the pain in the arse no nothing may be the most knowledgable hockey fan ever eventually or may never go again , bums on seats people it’s the only way forward no matter how much it drives you crazy .

ASHIPP

Has Paul mashed up the music mixes in recent games? Loving hearing 'proper' ice hockey organ music and tonight, a bit of Max Boyce to get the crowd going. Now THAT'S what we need for the crowd
sing-a-long. It worked tonight for sure.

'Delilah', 'Green green grass of home' and 'Sospan Fach'' next week please!