Match Night Entertainment

Thread starter #1
For the Sky Game next wednesday how about Adult chuck a puck. Simms standing centre ice with a traffic cone on his head, £5 a puck and whoever hits him from under the cone is the winner. This should help to replace Matts £2000 appeal cash and leave some left over for a prize, I ll take a box full of pucks to start it off

We could make it a theme night and have 'WE HATE SIMMS' T-shirts! Who wouldn't buy one and wouldn't that be great for the TV? Matt would get the 2K back in no time!! :mrgreen:

We certainly need something to entertain us on hockey night. I can only describe the current experience as "dull". Where's all the party nights, family fun we were promised pre-season. Let's hope the team continue to deliver, otherwise I can't see my interest in this sport seeing out the current season.

No wonder you guys have been banned from Bobs Forum :D :D

Abusing his mouthpeice like this on the "other" forum would incur a lifetimes ban and another 12 game ban for Brad.... oh and not forgetting at least three press releases

I like the idea of giving Simms what he is due when he visits

Thread starter #7
Reggie Dunlop said:
No wonder you guys have been banned from Bobs Forum :D :D

Abusing his mouthpeice like this on the "other" forum would incur a lifetimes ban and another 12 game ban for Brad.... oh and not forgetting at least three press releases

I like the idea of giving Simms what he is due when he visits
I am not yet banned from Forum Bob but have stopped posting on there anyway. Perhaps if this idea takes off we can have Bob next week Finnerty the week after and so on

Koop11

Loving the ideas.

It is important to remember that much of blocks 1-5 will be out of action for the Sky game so I urge all fans who usually sit there to fill the opposite side. I appreciate its Basingstoke on a Wednesday but if we can get a lot of bums in those seats it will really look good for the club.

In addition to banners about Voth I would love to hear some chats directed at Simms which can be heard throughout the game. These would have to be tasteful but none the less pass a message to what we think of his media action which has helped fuel this ridiculous situation the league has found itself in. To watch the game on Friday and hear the fans knocking him over the commentary would be great.

Perhaps banners about Simms and Sheffield to run along side the ‘Free Brad Voth’ could be created. However, I would point out that Matt has negotiated and spent a lot of money on sponsors above and around the rink. Where possible try not to hang banners over sponsorship boards as the Sky games is where the sponsors money is being well spent.

Foxy

Don't you think that would be a little bit childish?

Sky sponsorship is important to the league and this could be detrimental. Simms has always said he is willing to talk to anyone so maybe that could be done during the breaks instead.

The club has said it will settle things behind closed doors so maybe we should leave it to them.

In any case we don't know what bans have been handed out from last weekend. As long as they are consistant with Voth and Kozacs maybe we should just leave it. If they are not then i'm sure the club will have plenty to say.

steve

Foxy said:

It may well be childish, but i don't want that jerk dragging my favourite sport down constantly.
We've tried the 'adult, fair and balanced' approach by sending Sky comments and it doesn't seem to have worked. :cry:

In the past i have bit my tongue about Simms because of the work he does for the sport, but i don't believe that he's the best person to front UK ice hockey through Sky. Therefore, i think a good tantrum is in order next wednesday. ;)

Skippy

So signs with a "Simms out / Pope In" kind of thing ? would be a good idea :D

Honestly I think Brent would be 100% better that Mr Simms

Foxy

steve said:
Foxy said:

It may well be childish, but i don't want that jerk dragging my favourite sport down constantly.
We've tried the 'adult, fair and balanced' approach by sending Sky comments and it doesn't seem to have worked. :cry:

In the past i have bit my tongue about Simms because of the work he does for the sport, but i don't believe that he's the best person to front UK ice hockey through Sky. Therefore, i think a good tantrum is in order next wednesday. ;)
So we're going to chant at Simmsy live on Sky for giving ice hockey a bad reputation through his media outlets. Kind of defeats the object as we're then doing exactly the same which brings us down to Simm's level doesn't it?

steve

Foxy said:
So we're going to chant at Simmsy live on Sky for giving ice hockey a bad reputation through his media outlets. Kind of defeats the object as we're then doing exactly the same which brings us down to Simm's level doesn't it?

We're not paid professionals, we're fans.

Unfortunately taking the moral high road and not making a fuss means he will continue to be in a position where he can make his biased, ill judged, factually inaccurate remarks.

So yes, perhaps we need to 'lower the bar', to show Sky producers just how inappropriate having Simms is.

Lid said:
Can I pay a little bit extra and have a grenade to chuck at him?
I'd be really careful here. A statement like that can be misconstrued as a threat and land a whole lot of folk in trouble. Even to the point of getting this forum shut down. I know the concept is to poke a little fun at Simms, but be careful as to how it is done.

Foxy

steve said:
Foxy said:

We're not paid professionals, we're fans.

Unfortunately taking the moral high road and not making a fuss means he will continue to be in a position where he can make his biased, ill judged, factually inaccurate remarks.

So yes, perhaps we need to 'lower the bar', to show Sky producers just how inappropriate having Simms is.
I'm not taking the moral high ground. I'm just sure Matt would want to do it in a more professional manner which is how he's run this outfit from the off. If that makes me wrong then so be it but perhaps you should ask the club first before doing anything.

i agree that these things should not be done and its not taking the moral high road, its just realising that they negatives of doing such a thing would largely out way the positives. Coming up with these ideas is funny, but putting them into place is a different matter.
Im sure there would be a much more proffesional way of getting rid of him than using signs and chants. although im all for the voth banners.
Surely all the clubs (bar steelers of course) could get together and try and get him removed as im sure they do not like him being in the position he is in and can see the damage he is doing. Or a petition could be made and forwaded to sky. Im sure a hell of a lot people would sign it.