Mark Smith

Thread starter #1
Does anyone know if Mark sustained a serious injury against Hull? hope it was nothing major and he will be back on the ice soon.

TheStub

No news yet.

What I and the others there remember from last night is he was clutching under his armpit (and had ice applied there). Chris also saw him moving the shoulder.

Here is hoping it is just a bang, and nothing more serious.

The way Hull were playing, I'm surprised he wasn't the only one hurt. They are a much better team, but more than slightly dirty.

Hope he was rested as precaution. Hopefully he slept with the ice pack and hopefully it was only a knock!

Fron a Hull fan on THF, think it was Cloutier who hit Smith to cause injury!

Gazza272

samidevils said:
Hope he was rested as precaution. Hopefully he slept with the ice pack and hopefully it was only a knock!

Considering the niggly nature of last night. i'ed like to see some glove dropping from the start to get a message across and to get the crowd into it.

First competitive game at home we need to put on a performance, cant wait for it :D

Gazza272 said:
samidevils said:

Considering the niggly nature of last night. i'ed like to see some glove dropping from the start to get a message across and to get the crowd into it.

First competitive game at home we need to put on a performance, cant wait for it :D
Cloutier was never the cleanest of players for Blaze, hoping for someone to give him a slap!!

Looking forward to a good night of hockey, but I have a feeling its going to be very chippy.....

TheStub

Last night, Cloutier was a disgrace. He was leading the charge in the niggly little pulls and hits.

Every faceoff Knight was putting sly little hooks in, and I though Miller was going to flatten him at one faceoff.

I hope we just run them over, but I guess we would have got the majors - and Hull away scott free. When Voth started stepping up, Knight and Cloutier wanted none of it. Happy to niggle, and make us take a penalty.

I think it is time we went to a two ref system ;) But then we would need a third, video ref.

Im hoping Phil steps up to Clouts I hear from him that they have a severe dislike for one another, I did ask him to save it till the home game mind you ha ha. I think we cant have teams taking libertys with us if we cant match them for goals at least dont let them push us around its just not the Welsh way.

TheStub

I can understand it though.

Last night, everytime it got niggly there was a todo, loads of Hull players preventing the fight and then Devils on the penalty kill.

It is an old strategy - irritate the opposition into giving stupid penalties, but never actually set-up.

Hopefully some repayment for Smith, and the other liberties, will be dished out tonight!

Yeah Hull were niggly BUT and the big but here is they do it to their advantage they are
smart about it - I seen Knight offered Voth a few times and Voth didnt go prob because they were trying to cut down on pens.

Cloutier is the sort of player anyone in this league would want (me included). I just think the new Hull team came as a shock to the devils as they werent expecting that as usually cardiff have came into Hull and bullied Hull off the ice and last night was a whole different ball game.

Hope Smiths injury wasnt too bad but he did look in pain have to say you guys will get a good game i enjoyed it last night

Chris

Administrator
Slightly off topic, but the problem is that's the 4th game in a row we've been pushed around the ice now.

The 1st Coventry game we seemed to play pretty well, even if some Blaze fans won't accept that :)

The 2nd Coventry game we were pushed around and ended up losing 3-0.

Newcastle games we saw both Miller and Smith get floored on our 1st line and we had no answer.

Hull last night we were pushed around, we had no answer to Smith getting floored and we were pushed off the puck.

Hopefully tonight that all changes...

TheStub

Chris said:
Hull last night we were pushed around, we had no answer to Smith getting floored and we were pushed off the puck.

Hopefully tonight that all changes...
I'm not sure we had no answer. Seconds later we ended up taking two roughing minors, and there was all that messing around the bench.

Conan (or whatever his name is) seemed more than a little keen to jump in before anything actually kicked off. So it niggled, with no penalties - and then we end up being prevented from doing anything.

Hopefully tonight will see the change. We need to start hitting them, and hitting them very VERY hard.

About Smitty,

He has torn part of his Pectoral Muscle in training last week in training...

he will be back in training this thursday friday...He will be fine! its a meer scratch

TheStub

I suppose it depends how bad it was before the Hull game.

He went off after a big (clean admittedly) check. Perhaps he landed awkward and worsened the injury.