Lord wins

moggy#9

I love it mate, I pay just under £6 per week, and can watch plenty of games any time I like, Flo Sports, Flo Hockey, it gives me my fix amongst these crap times. Lordo team play Indy Fuel again tonight late, so I will watch it in bed to orrow.
I'd be interested in your thoughts on the style Lordo is playing with the swamp rabbits, as opposed to the devils. I wondered how much he'd be affected by the size of the ice and not necessarily having the squad he would like. I imagine that some of his players, particularly the young ones, would have quite an adjustment to make.

Mazzoak

To be blunt seems he’s doing a bit shit. Hopefully he turns it around - although I’m not sure what the expectations are in Greenville.

Sam Jardine seems to be tearing it up though, leading point scorer on the team.
l would have to look back at my comment last year for accuracy, but l said he’ll need to hit the ice winning as they’ve been a fairly poor team over the last few years, new owners came in with high expectations, if l remember correctly coaches haven’t lasted more than a season each, I think Lord is the 3rd coach and if it keeps this way will probably be back in Cardiff in time for our season opener......

Rich Best

l would have to look back at my comment last year for accuracy, but l said he’ll need to hit the ice winning as they’ve been a fairly poor team over the last few years, new owners came in with high expectations, if l remember correctly coaches haven’t lasted more than a season each, I think Lord is the 3rd coach and if it keeps this way will probably be back in Cardiff in time for our season opener......
Only lost 3 games in regulation time hasn't he, unless I am looking at out of date standings? 7 o/T losses

Kevlar68

Not being pedantic here but a loss is a loss overtime or otherwise. Yes you gain points but it's still a loss. No owners, manager or team would be happy with any loss.

SO it's still played 16 won 6 lost 10

We as devils fans wouldn't walk away from the IAW after a overtime loss happy would we? We'd still say "we lost".

Last edited:

moggy#9

Explain....

Because as I see it, their 12 game point streak suggests they're actually one of the form teams in the league, and once the systems settle in those OT losses will turn to wins.
I think it would be unrealistic to expect lordo to turn the rabbits around instantly, particularly given the constraints of running a team in a farm system. It's a learning curve for him and the players. By the sounds of things he's making progress though.

Devil94

They finished in the bottom half of the league last season, right now they are exactly mid table. With a coach that's in his first year of the North American system, that looks like great progress.