Lets make some noise

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
I would like the club to really get the PR drive going all this week and build on the Biznasty factor.We saw what a difference having Weller brought and interest was huge in the club from the moment he landed.
So many people came along just because they had seen us on the news,heard the radio or in the papers and it really was great to see big crowds all excited to see this new guy all the way from the NHL.Would be amazing to get that buzz back and big numbers for the Fife game.
You only have to look at our friends from the dome to see how the crowds can be enticed back when seemingly they had been deserted by the masses.
Come on Devils,lets put this new employee to work and lets hear some noise in the media about our new found hero.He may not be here long so lets make the most of it.

It's a bit of a difference from Weller arrived, which is a shame.
Hoping there's a lot of stuff going on in the background, and a media roundabout approaching :)

ASHIPP

Dont worry - think the club will be doing a few things in the background this week to make sure people know the Biz has landed.

Red Army needs to do its bit by spreading the Word, bringing along family and friends on Sunday. A packed BBT would give PB an awesome welcome. Lets show him how excited we are hes here.

James

Administrator
Imagine said:
It's a bit of a difference from Weller arrived, which is a shame.
Hoping there's a lot of stuff going on in the background, and a media roundabout approaching :)
I can't remember but I'm sure Weller didn't come in to an away weekend. I'm sure they are just keeping the powder dry till it matters.

wildthing74

Thread starter #5
Seeing as he arrived Friday I would not expect and media hype before an away weekend but I hoped for huge PR this whole week. Weller had an online chat etc only hours off the plane and everybody was talking about us leading up to his home debut.
We can all try and bring people but there is a wide audience out there that only media can reach.With talks seemingly going well to the end the lockout,who knows this may be people's only chance to see him in a Devils shirt?

drainage

wildthing74 said:
Seeing as he arrived Friday I would not expect and media hype before an away weekend but I hoped for huge PR this whole week. Weller had an online chat etc only hours off the plane and everybody was talking about us leading up to his home debut.
We can all try and bring people but there is a wide audience out there that only media can reach.With talks seemingly going well to the end the lockout,who knows this may be people's only chance to see him in a Devils shirt?
Flipping heck could be shortest career ever ... without being gassed !!

TheStub

drainage said:
wildthing74 said:
Flipping heck could be shortest career ever ... without being gassed !!
With the NHL talks it is close to the truth. Players in Europe are already starting to return to the states.

wildthing74

Thread starter #9
We really should milk it for all it's worth.We all know the roll social media plays in today's life and whilst we have not signed the most famous guy in the NHL he is certainly one if the biggest names in social media in the NHL.
I read a funny comment from an NHL writer the other day in Canada that said "Cardiff Devils are the new most famous team in Europe"! Maybe a slight over exaggeration but even the other side of the pond they are taking note,shame that we are not even famous in our own city at times.
I hope we don't waste this publicity chance.