Legends Team Nominations for 25 Year Festival

ASHIPP

Thread starter #1
Has anyone e-mailed Kelly with suggestions of names you would like to see in John Lawless's Legends Team for the festival later this year?

Who are your favorites?

I would love to see these players from each decade:
From late 1980's: Mo, MC, Shannon

From 1990's: Ivan Matulik, Mike Ware, Derek Herlofsky

From 2000's: Tyson Teplitsky, Jeff Burgoyne, Peter Aubry

And a return 'special guest' appearance by Craig Weller. :cool:

Ocko

My team selection, going by 2 NM, 6D and 10F

80’s – Shannon, MC, Mo, Lawless
90’s – Mike Ware, Mike MacWilliam, Thornton, Hodge, Matulik, Sacratini, Chinny, Pope, S Cooper, Noble
00’s – Teplitsky, Burgoyne, Osaer, Herlofsky,

Maybe’s

Cadieux, I Cooper, Brebant, Dewaele, Priest, McIntyre, Schuler, Norris, Romaniuk.

Paul Heavey as Bench coach?

I could have probably picked a few more from the 80’s and earlier 90’s but lets be fair we want to win!

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
Has anyone e-mailed Kelly with suggestions of names you would like to see in John Lawless's Legends Team for the festival later this year?

Who are your favorites?

I would love to see these players from each decade:
From late 1980's: Mo, MC, Shannon

From 1990's: Ivan Matulik, Mike Ware, Derek Herlofsky

From 2000's: Tyson Teplitsky, Jeff Burgoyne, Peter Aubry

And a return 'special guest' appearance by Craig Weller. :cool:
Thats a truelly great list, would be awesome to see those guys again.

Finny

I think we are going to need rules to this as I just came up with a squad of 20, but that was just netminders and defence! :lol:

Adamj

Im sure it said in the Braehead program that John Lawless was going to be coach, not sure if he's going to play though

Rempel16

How about 2nd chance Sunday?:

Cugnet, Lietza, Likit Andersson, Jardemyr, Hanlon, Jim Brown, Darby, Gillingham, Rushton, Hinks, Brill???

Anyone?

Lol seriously,

Osaer, Herlofsky, the Coopers, Hope, Schuler, Lindman, Ware, Macwilliam, Moria, Hodge, Thornton, Sacratini, Matulik, Mcintyre, Romaniuk, Rempel, Brigley, Cullen, Teplitsky, Burgoyne and I've probably missed dozens!!!!

I'd go with:-

Jeff Smith, Lyle, Herlofsky (a period each?)

Hope, Stephen Cooper, Heavey, Stone, Noble, Burgoyne

Lawless, McEwen, Moria, Chinn, Mike Ware, MacWilliam, Hodge, Sacratini, Matulik, McIntyre, Romaniuk, Ruggles

Diafol

From my time watching the Devils, I'd probably say (in no particular order)

Jeff Ulmer, Jon Cullen, Travis Brigley, Ivan Matulik, Steve Thornton, Vezio Sacratini, Mike Ware, Jeff Burgoyne, Russ Romaniuk, Derek Herlofsky, Peter Aubry, Phil Osaer, Tyson Teplitsky, Rob Davison, Nathan Rempel (I know he lost a few fans but I'll always remember THAT game :D )

And I can't believe no-one's mentioned Jason Stone or Neil Francis...

From before my time:

Shannon Hope, Steve Moria, the Cooper brothers, Doug McEwen, Mike MacWilliam, Ken Hodge, John Lawless (if he's going to be player-coach)

kettdevil1

NM - Jeff Smith, Derek Herlovsky, Frank Caprice

D - Heaves, S Cooper, Tyson Teplitsky, Jeff Burgoyne, Kip Noble, Shannon Hope
F - Mo, MC, Perry Oliver, Steve Cadieux, Mike McWilliam, Ivan Matulik, Ken Hodge, Steve Thornton, Aaron Boh

Saku Eklof as mascot!

Ocko

Aaron Boh!?!? On a Devils legends team? Are you crazy!? a handful of games and left in disgrace because he drank too much. Potentially could have been good but was more than happy slugging it out in the QSPHL/LNAH.

And he was a D man not a forward.

kettdevil1

Ocko said:
Aaron Boh!?!? On a Devils legends team? Are you crazy!? a handful of games and left in disgrace because he drank too much. Potentially could have been good but was more than happy slugging it out in the QSPHL/LNAH.

And he was a D man not a forward.
I had too many D men so I pushed him forward to cause havoc....

I was working on the basis that we were lacking a bit of toughness up front, granted McWilliam would sort people out but he would need some back up....

kettdevil1 said:
Eliteprospects suggests that he played 83 games for us scoring 0+7....

I am certain I saw him score though? Perhaps it was in the Cup?
Hmm I'm not sure, I can't remember, but I'd like to think he did score because those aren't really great stats there otherwise! :lol: