Lausanne here we come!

Earnie

My prediction:
Devils, Giants, Steelers, Panthers , and Clan will battle it out to the end of the season as we traditionally do.
(Not necessarily in that order)
I mean no disrespect to those not in that list.

Another odd criticism of Register from you.

Really not sure it’s fair to call a player ‘lazy’ when they iced over 30 mins. And for me was one of our standout players.
Nice strawman. Now go back and re-read the comment again.

It was a lazy play, not a lazy player. There isn't such thing as a lazy professional ice hockey player. Every player in the world knows that you cannot be that sloppy infront of your own net, even with a goaltender. He did it twice more during the game. I don't know if it's overconfidence or arrogance, but we will absolutely concede goals if he continues.

I guess I will refrain from criticising a player for a poor decision yhat ultimately removed any chance of getting a result from the game.

But there we go.

jenks33

Any news on Louis and Mikkelson? At least there are nearly 3 weeks until our next competitive game. Hopefully both players will be back by then.

Their 3 internationals made a big difference… Register logging 30 minutes in Europe is unheard of. After 2 periods, Lausanne’s top players time on ice was 6 minutes.

Their budget is around £5mil so you’d expect them to be doing much more. A short handed goal and one of them freak goals it sucks.
Try £20m... From the perspective of a Lausanne fan, these games against Cardiff are *extremely* concerning, if we struggle so much against you guys (with all due respect, in my book you deserved to win yesterday) we're going to get mauled when the season starts.

kettdevil1

Try £20m... From the perspective of a Lausanne fan, these games against Cardiff are *extremely* concerning, if we struggle so much against you guys (with all due respect, in my book you deserved to win yesterday) we're going to get mauled when the season starts.
Thanks for the feedback, although I think you are being a little kind about last night - you deserved the win in a good game. Thanks also for the hospitality that your fans gave us - it was great to meet lots of fans and I love the terrace behind the goal, it was (literally) bouncing. Good luck with the season

Mazzoak

I didn’t see you guys struggling, just early gremlins that’ll get worked on. The only reason you didn’t win with 6 or 7 goals was Carruth, he was on form last night and made some epic saves & positioned himself exceptionally well. The other issue is two different styles, can make for a scrappy looking game as neither side can get to grips with set plays.

moggy#9

Devils
Giants
Steelers
Clan
Stars
Panthers
Blaze
Flames
Storm
Flyers
I wish I could feel that confident (maybe I will after the next few games). I don't see us conceding that many goals - I think we will have the best netminding in the league. I'm concerned about where the goals with come from other than Sanford - though I think duggan and Waller are going to be amazing.

mjh

I wish I could feel that confident (maybe I will after the next few games). I don't see us conceding that many goals - I think we will have the best netminding in the league. I'm concerned about where the goals with come from other than Sanford - though I think duggan and Waller are going to be amazing.
I'm confident Reid will get a fair few, as will Crandall. He and Cox have been unlucky not to score the last few games. Not sure we'll get many goals chipped in from the D Corp. O'Connor looks as if he may contribute some but nobody like Fourns. I don't think goal scoring will be as much of a problem as some are suggesting. We've come up against some pretty awesome D in our first two matches. Don't see the same quality in the EIHL.

E.D.S.

Devils
Giants
Steelers
Clan
Stars
Panthers
Blaze
Flames
Storm
Flyers
No idea how it will end but I do know that before we hit Christmas there will be the usual shouts of X is rubbish, Y isn’t good enough, the coach needs to be sacked and we aren’t physical enough - “why isn’t Louis fighting more?!” All whilst still being largely competitive in the league and Cup.
Oh and we will lose to the so called weaker teams, especially in Scotland, it’s what we do. It happens EVERY year. Good fun though. Keeps me coming back every year.

Wannabe2

Let’s hope for a entertaining season, entertainment is something we haven’t been able to shout about much with this bloody COVID thing. We all love winning but leaving the IAW having been on the edge of your seat, and having lost your voice is paramount for many. The lineup this season certainly seem to have the qualities to produce just that, and hopefully another few weeks down the road we will see the fruits of our coaching staffs hard work. Being competitive for me is a foregone conclusion, the lads look a well rounded squad who hopefully the will to play for each other will be evident for all to see. So a hard fought tough season with entertainment on the horizon will do nicely please, Stay Safe All and Happy Hockey Days.

moggy#9

No idea how it will end but I do know that before we hit Christmas there will be the usual shouts of X is rubbish, Y isn’t good enough, the coach needs to be sacked and we aren’t physical enough - “why isn’t Louis fighting more?!” All whilst still being largely competitive in the league and Cup.
Oh and we will lose to the so called weaker teams, especially in Scotland, it’s what we do. It happens EVERY year. Good fun though. Keeps me coming back every year.
I'm actually feeling more positive about hard road trips (like Scotland) simply because we'll be able to alternate netminders.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #73
It's time to finish my travel log.
Either put your feet up or don't read on, it may take a little time,

Arrived at Lausanne arena and from the outside looked very impressive and lots of stewards on hand around the outside grounds to help.
Unfortunately our away area was at the trades persons entrance around the back.
We were met by a steward and 2 armed guards , I kid you not but they were all very pleasant.
The away area has its own toilets and bar area separated away from the home fans which made beer purchasing a dream., lots were bought.
Had a good chat with the handful of traveling devils fans that were there, we also had fans in our area that didn't like Lausanne but joined us to watch the game.
Pre-game video on the arena screens for the Devils was awesome, we should use it.
National anthem was sang loud and proud.
Now I'm not going to go through the whole game so I will summarize what we saw in the arena.
The teams were very evenly matched, our guys left everything on the ice, the effort was immense, not one player on that ice just coasted and all the traveling fans had no grumbles at all. I think if Louis and Mikkelson had iced it may have swung our way. The own goal at the end was just an unfortunate mistake, nothing more than that as we were directly in front of where it happened and we still kept supporting till the last second and beyond.
We had 2 surprise visitors who joined us for the whole of the second and third period, Mr Luke Piggott and Mr Brian Parker (The owner) ,. Great to see both and both gave time to talk to all the fans.
During the second period Mr Parker bought everyone in the away section a beer, that I found an act of amazing generosity.
NOW THEN, this is the most telling fact of my experience.
I needed to use the toilet before leaving the arena, both the urinals were in use. Mr Parker (the Devils owner) in one and a non British supporter in the other, I skipped in to the cubicle without them being aware of it.
Brian Parker was talking to the supporter about the Devils team, in those few moments I could hear the passion in his voice for our team, this definitely isn't just a business, he is a true fan.
He was also defending Register and the own goal. His exact words were "Register is an awesome player, it was just an unlucky pass, he will want to do right and come back stronger, I know he will, I have full faith in this guy and this team are awesome "
Those few sentences were from the heart not from the wallet and he didn't know I was there.
So..... The result wasn't what we'd liked but the experience was amazing and thank you to the hard core traveling devils fans for welcoming us in to family.
We shall see you back at the IAW on the 11th as we have 5 more days in montreux.

LETS GO DEVILS!

Rempel16

It's time to finish my travel log.
Either put your feet up or don't read on, it may take a little time,

Arrived at Lausanne arena and from the outside looked very impressive and lots of stewards on hand around the outside grounds to help.
Unfortunately our away area was at the trades persons entrance around the back.
We were met by a steward and 2 armed guards , I kid you not but they were all very pleasant.
The away area has its own toilets and bar area separated away from the home fans which made beer purchasing a dream., lots were bought.
Had a good chat with the handful of traveling devils fans that were there, we also had fans in our area that didn't like Lausanne but joined us to watch the game.
Pre-game video on the arena screens for the Devils was awesome, we should use it.
National anthem was sang loud and proud.
Now I'm not going to go through the whole game so I will summarize what we saw in the arena.
The teams were very evenly matched, our guys left everything on the ice, the effort was immense, not one player on that ice just coasted and all the traveling fans had no grumbles at all. I think if Louis and Mikkelson had iced it may have swung our way. The own goal at the end was just an unfortunate mistake, nothing more than that as we were directly in front of where it happened and we still kept supporting till the last second and beyond.
We had 2 surprise visitors who joined us for the whole of the second and third period, Mr Luke Piggott and Mr Brian Parker (The owner) ,. Great to see both and both gave time to talk to all the fans.
During the second period Mr Parker bought everyone in the away section a beer, that I found an act of amazing generosity.
NOW THEN, this is the most telling fact of my experience.
I needed to use the toilet before leaving the arena, both the urinals were in use. Mr Parker (the Devils owner) in one and a non British supporter in the other, I skipped in to the cubicle without them being aware of it.
Brian Parker was talking to the supporter about the Devils team, in those few moments I could hear the passion in his voice for our team, this definitely isn't just a business, he is a true fan.
He was also defending Register and the own goal. His exact words were "Register is an awesome player, it was just an unlucky pass, he will want to do right and come back stronger, I know he will, I have full faith in this guy and this team are awesome "
Those few sentences were from the heart not from the wallet and he didn't know I was there.
So..... The result wasn't what we'd liked but the experience was amazing and thank you to the hard core traveling devils fans for welcoming us in to family.
We shall see you back at the IAW on the 11th as we have 5 more days in montreux.

LETS GO DEVILS!
Fair play, that's Jenks kind of levels, stalking the owner in the toilet!

Glad you enjoyed the trip and thanks for a great update. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

E.D.S.

I'm actually feeling more positive about hard road trips (like Scotland) simply because we'll be able to alternate netminders.
You could be right there but by the nature of the game and the travelling/schedule we’ll still drop points to the so called smaller teams and people will still kick off.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #78
Also on the buses over here they have screens displaying world news and world sport. On the sunday afternoon after the game the sporting headline was Novak Djokovic through to quarter final of us open followed by Lausanne beating British champions Cardiff Devils which was followed by formula 1.