Latest rink update

d20

In and around the rink (bowl) or outside of the bowl will they be putting up any old pics of our past history ,think we need to show others what we have won in the past and recognise our past players that did so much for the club.

Finny

El Supremo said:
What would be really cool and a nod to our history would be for the Devils' game night team to use the old intro from the WNIR - maybe even just for the first game.

The current intro is good but, for me, it doesn't come close to the old intro!
Which old intro?

There have been several.

ASHIPP

BBW said:
Does anyone know when Voth's jersey will be retired and if he'll be back in town for this?
They should just let the current team and off-ice team settle in and complete this season. Only a few weeks left anyway.

Would like to think that if Brad is going to be honoured in any way, that the Club would have plenty of time over the Summer to organise events properly....hopefully a celebration of our new home as well as Brad's jersey retirement.

d20

BBW said:
Does anyone know when Voth's jersey will be retired and if he'll be back in town for this?

If any jerseys should be retired I think its about time the Cooper brothers numbers were retired #55 #66 ,these boys were and have been 2 of the best British players to play the game here and were part of the most successful time when we were winning everything along with players already retired #9 #35 #19 #7 ,think the club need to do this .

Earnie

d20 said:
BBW said:

If any jerseys should be retired I think its about time the Cooper brothers numbers were retired #55 #66 ,these boys were and have been 2 of the best British players to play the game here and were part of the most successful time when we were winning everything along with players already retired #9 #35 #19 #7 ,think the club need to do this .

If I am not mistaken, 55 Stephan Cooper is retired at Coventry?

Earnie said:
d20 said:
BBW said:

If I am not mistaken, 55 Stephan Cooper is retired at Coventry?
Also been used here since he retired

wildthing74

Yeah they retired Stephen after 2 seasons :lol: I always thought the Coopers should have had the same honour as their former linemates but it would have been a crazy number of retired jerseys for such a young club.

I like the idea of the Hall Of Fame that was mooted a few years back to recognise players who's contribution was greater than most.

I understand the reasoning behind the structured pricing. But in a sport where families are actively encouraged why does a child go only up to 15 !! I am sure there are many with children still in school up to 18 years of age and are having to pay over £100 more :x