Latest rink update

mazza03

I had the good fortune to have a guided tour this afternoon and you cannot have any concept of how huge it is from photos, I walked in and my reaction was............WOW it is massive, Thanks Chris I can't wait to get in there. :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana

mazza03

Lots of work going on inside with a whole lot more starting on Monday, there's not a lot more they can do outside as they have to leave access room for cranes to get inside, it's very exciting. :Banana :pickle

So I've just returned from a tour of the new rink and I can hardly contain my excitement! To any of the negative Nancy's/Nigel's, until you either go in before completion or after, you better get your gravy/red/brown sauce because you are going to need it to go with your HUGE piece of humble pie!
To see the people working inside there today and hearing the work that they are doing is incredible. Few things that I do remember are that 10 weeks of roofing insulation is starting tomorrow and that they are laying the floor for the changing rooms tomorrow also. We will also have a 4 sided central video scoreboard.
This is going to be a stand out venue and it's going to be all for the devils! If you can imagine everything you would need in one building Chris and co have thought of it. Wow just wow!
One final point. As we all know the finish date has been pushed back which some people are not happy about with the Devils moving rinks mid season, but I can assure from what I saw today, if we moved in and only played one game in there, it WILL be worth it!
LETS GO DEVILS #RedArmy
https://vimeo.com/127595243

January, I'm going with the 15th? Believe me the date can't come quick enough. Any doubts about that place (not that I really had any) have been well and truly blown away! It's going to be rocking in there!

noodlesboy said:
So I've just returned from a tour of the new rink and I can hardly contain my excitement! To any of the negative Nancy's/Nigel's, until you either go in before completion or after, you better get your gravy/red/brown sauce because you are going to need it to go with your HUGE piece of humble pie!
To see the people working inside there today and hearing the work that they are doing is incredible. Few things that I do remember are that 10 weeks of roofing insulation is starting tomorrow and that they are laying the floor for the changing rooms tomorrow also. We will also have a 4 sided central video scoreboard.
This is going to be a stand out venue and it's going to be all for the devils! If you can imagine everything you would need in one building Chris and co have thought of it. Wow just wow!
One final point. As we all know the finish date has been pushed back which some people are not happy about with the Devils moving rinks mid season, but I can assure from what I saw today, if we moved in and only played one game in there, it WILL be worth it!
LETS GO DEVILS #RedArmy

https://vimeo.com/127595243
So glad you are pleased with the vision of all of the user groups who all submitted wishlists and then Greenbank tried to include as many of the facilities on that wish list.This facility is for all of the ice user groups in Wales and not 'all for the Devils', all of the user groups contributed to fighting for this facility and should not be forgotten now that the vision is approaching reality

I pardon my "all for the Devils" statement. I got a bit carried away, what I meant was its for everyone. It's just going to be amazing and all the hard work that everyone involved has put in is going to come to fruition in a few months!
What a facility Cardiff will have!

Foxy

Was lucky enough to have a visit around the site this morming with my son and all i can say is wow........... its amazing and so big...........

Plenty of work going on inside and the graphics of the finished product are fantastic. Dont think anything else could have been fitted in there even if we wanted.

Cant wait to move in now............. :D

I had a site meeting today and I must say the arena is looking fantastic already, it is going to be an awesome new home for the Devils. Well worth the wait!