Last player!

Thread starter #1
When do the camps across the pond finally know there rosters?

When will lord know which player is available etc?

It’s November now and it’s unlikely we will sign this last import,

I know Steve King said we will always have an eye on the market if someone comes available but I don’t see us getting anyone now tbh.

Any news will be welcome. :)

Temme

We are still looking for our final import D. Market is incredibly poor at the minute though.

Camps have finished as the seasons have started, it's more waiting to see if players don't make the cut with teams and end up leaving (O'connor style) that we're relying on i guess.

kingmo19.1

Personally, I don't think it worth going after the extra body. We're well beating everyone in the league at the moment with quite a lot in reserve so what's the point ? If we're currently hammering our nearest rivals 7-1 do we need anyone else. Do we need it be 8-1 or 9-1 ?

Why not throw the extra cash into the Junior development or use it for making the building a bit more reflective of the Devils home.

SteveKing

As I mentioned earlier, the biggest factor in us not bringing in a player to date has been the amazing play of our current roster. This is a huge positive for us. The quality of play particularly from our Brits has been amazing so I personally don't think it would be fair to bring in another import at the expense of any one of our current dmen. We've had several opportunities to bring in players that would have been great additions in different scenarios but loyalty and rewarding hard work and great performance is more important in my mind.

kingmo19.1

As I mentioned earlier, the biggest factor in us not bringing in a player to date has been the amazing play of our current roster. This is a huge positive for us. The quality of play particularly from our Brits has been amazing so I personally don't think it would be fair to bring in another import at the expense of any one of our current dmen. We've had several opportunities to bring in players that would have been great additions in different scenarios but loyalty and rewarding hard work and great performance is more important in my mind.
Completely agree with that. Lordo might be guilty this season of recruiting a team that is 'too strong' for the league. Beating everyone week in and week out could get a little tiresome after a while. Fans after all want to see close and exciting games.

So Steve, with that extra $$$$$$ burning a hole in your pocket, where shall we spend it ??? :):):)

Devils86

Whilst we have had some great results and played some brilliant hockey (long may it continue!) - let’s not get ahead of ourselves, it hasn’t been 7-1 every night. Some close games thrown in amongst it all.

A signing for signing sake is never the answer, but I trust Lord et al to make the right move, if needed at all.

A number of players have stepped up their game thus far and there’s no need to upset form/chemistry if we don’t have to.

Long way to go yet.

Earnie

I am sure that should we pick up an injury later on that Lordo and owners will do what they have to do. Meanwhile let's not rock the boat.

HERE HERE. we have a great season going so far, and even with injuries we have still stepped up and played our hearts out. why upset a winning formula?

Mazzoak

Cannot see any reason to strengthen until either a season ending injury occurs to a player or any teams win the lottery and bring in a decent team. If it was me I’d save the money, go an a few more fancy holidays and maybe visit the team l own a few more times.......

DevilDom

Completely agree with Steve. Great to see the likes of Batch, Moore and Rutkis being given more ice time. Batch in particular has excelled this year and is surely pushing for the GB squad. Add in Duggan and I think the future looks bright, after all Richie and Myers aren’t going to be around forever.

Need to review this question perhaps?