Last nights referee - 7.11.10

Gospel

Thread starter #1
Just wanted to say some kind word about the ref last night in our game against the Giants.

Thought Dean Smith was superb all night, didnt call too many penalties, he let the game flow but also he didnt take any crap from the players or the bench.

Doesnt happen often that we praise ref's so just thought id say it.

osh

Gospel said:
Just wanted to say some kind word about the ref last night in our game against the Giants.

Thought Dean Smith was superb all night, didnt call too many penalties, he let the game flow but also he didnt take any crap from the players or the bench.

Doesnt happen often that we praise ref's so just thought id say it.

Best post in a long time. You're right, he was spot on last night. We are quick to criticise a reef when he's had a mare ( many times !) but lets give this guy credit for handling the game well. Thought there was some great legal checks from the Giants last night that people around me were screaming for penalties that were just great timed hits.

jimmy snels

totally agree, wrote this in the game thread earlier but to be honest it probs deserves a dedicated one because its not often we get to praise a ref :lol:

well done mr smith, u can come again :D

Russky

Well I have always thought that Dean was well on his way to becoming the best ref on the list! I think he has reached that pinnicle! Staying there now is his challenge!

He had a 'mare' in our game against Hull the previous week but we will allow the odd one as he is generally very good! Last sundays game ( what I saw of it) He let the game flow, called what he had to and never looked in danger of losing the plot! He was authorititive and yet enjoyed the more humourous elements of the game! Even when Belfast bench started whining he kept them in check!