Kurka and Hervato Sign

Finny

Thread starter #6
First of all, it has to be said that Kurka is a real WOW signing. He put up some very impressive numbers in that mess of a season two years ago and it's exciting to see what he can do with the team we have now.

When Hervato was mentioned last night, it did seem like a very underwhelming signing. I couldn't really remember him from our games last season but the more research I did into him the more likely it appeared - especially with Steve King making a point of wanting a player with speed and tenacity.
I wonder whether he will be asked to play a game similar in style to Lloyd for Belfast. Quick on the forecheck and constantly putting the opposition D under pressure.

The key to how successful this signing will be is IMO down to whether we re-sign Culligan too giving us a spare import. The more I've been thinking about this since Steve mentioned it yesterday - the more I think this could be our most important signing. I always felt our slow-ish start to last season cost us the league title - and it was arguably down to playing most of the first half of the season a player down due to injuries to Myers/Mychan/Hudson.

If it was a choice between Culligan+Hervato or a big name ex-NHLer I do think we've made the right choice.

wildthing74

Hervato was MOM against us in December but I'm sure he was out for them when we were last there. I don't recall seeing him if I'm honest?

A buddy from Hull has already texted me saying he's a great foil for Doucet and never takes a shift off. I particularly liked "he's a nasty little player without the dick element of a Finnerty".

Let's be honest we shed no tears when we had to lose Kurka as with a crap budget that we would have had under Ragan he would have been lost with nobody to back him up but on this team with 3 strong lines we will really see the best of him. I can't see any Devils fan not being excited to see him back with good line mates to bring the best out of him.

If we can get Hoth now and hopefully Culli as an extra I will be chuffed to bits.

jenks33

Like many fans i was maybe a bit underwhelmed at first with this signing, but i think we will love him. We've got so much scoring on our team that i think we will need a player like Hervato. Sounds like he's the type of player that turns up every night and is a nuisance to play against. Our more talented players are going to have a few off nights, like all teams, and i can really see him stepping up. Lets hope so anyway!

SteveKing

I've been very excited about getting these two signings out. In talking to Lordo, he believed that Kurka was one of the absolute best forwards in the league two years ago and was surprised that we were able to get him. I believe that the fans and the city of Cardiff played a big role in him wanting to come back.

As for Hervato, despite not being a "name" player, he was the one player on that Hull lineup last year that Lordo found himself game planning against and certainly the one that gave us the most troubles. Very fast, relentless and with under rated skills that will allow him to support the high end wingers that he'll be playing with for the first time this year. His versatility, massive desire to be a Devil and an EU passport made him a perfect fit for the role we had open.

So only two more spots open...

mazza03

Always liked Tomas when he was here last time so well pleased, didn't notice Hervato but that's not say say he's not good I just don't watch the other team much :lol: :lol:

Finny

Thread starter #15
Have Hope#35 said:
Really pleased with todays Signings... That's our three EU Signings lined up for the 2016/17 Season then, what with Hudson, Kurka and Hervato ;)
Amongst all the excitement I actually forgot Kurka counts towards our EU quota! :lol: :oops:
Also means that we have a spare EU player this season. Which will be important if we do have a spare import and always want to be under the WP import limit.

James

Administrator
From Scooby (Hull fan) on THF about Hervato
Scooby said:
Far better player than Lloyd and dosnt need a comfort blanket like Keefe to be able to play his game either

Will provide a perfect foil for Doucet , turns up every shift , works his balls off , not scared to get hurt either

I was hoping we could tempt him to play for us in the EPL

Don't forget he is classed as European as he has Italian passport

wildthing74

James said:
From Scooby (Hull fan) on THF about Hervato
Scooby said:
Far better player than Lloyd and dosnt need a comfort blanket like Keefe to be able to play his game either

Will provide a perfect foil for Doucet , turns up every shift , works his balls off , not scared to get hurt either

I was hoping we could tempt him to play for us in the EPL

Don't forget he is classed as European as he has Italian passport
That's a lot more polite than his text to me! He's a guy who's recommendation I respect and if he says he's a good signing I'm happy with that. Think a few of our fans will be quickly convinced.

osh

Very pleased to see Kurka coming back. As per my previous post relating to him, he was outstanding for us last time. He is a very clever player, holds the puck up well, very difficult to get him off the puck, skates very well, creates umpteen chances for others and despite getting the rough treatment at times, doesn't take stupid penalties. I would imagine he would be very well respected by his new team mates and would be a good assistant captain. Obviously highly rated by Lord who sees what he brings to the rink each game, and no doubt he must train well also and be a good fit in the dressing room too. I hope Hervato has a great season playing with higher calibre players than last season ( sorry Hull fans, but I think that's a fair comment ) he has bags of gas and his never say die attitude will certainly benefit him in our set up. Small in stature, big in heart and let's hope our bigger guys protect him and step up when necessary.
Looking forward to seeing the final player(s) ? announced. Hopefully it will be Hotham or a player of the same standard.

zoesdevil

To me these two signings are as important as each other! i think Hervato is a mix of Lloyd, Tanaka & Latulippe type player, which will be great for us!! Bring on the new season!!