Kids Game

Most children I’ve noted who attend the Devils enjoy the game while behaving appropriately and are well supervised. As much as they deserve to be involved with this weekend if they want to be, from a selfish point of view I’m hoping the kids that have been chosen to ‘work’ are any of those that are allowed to run amok around the bar/crèche in every period break so I can enjoy a quieter drink than usual.

Wannabe2

Most children I’ve noted who attend the Devils enjoy the game while behaving appropriately and are well supervised. As much as they deserve to be involved with this weekend if they want to be, from a selfish point of view I’m hoping the kids that have been chosen to ‘work’ are any of those that are allowed to run amok around the bar/crèche in every period break so I can enjoy a quieter drink than usual.
Those children running amok in the bar is a disgrace, I have seen drinks knocked over, people worried about where they can sit, the bar is not a place for unsupervised kids, it may suit the parents but is a pain in the arse to the punters who want a quite drink and who are spending money.

Kevlar68

I always go up to bar start of second period from Block 4 and have what i expect to be a quiet pint watching the game from the doorway but there are always kids running about the bar unsupervised, in and out, moving seats and falling around all over the floor and this isn't an exaggeration, its been the same every time i've gone up there at that time. A kids game day, great idea. On normal game days i believe children shouldn't be allowed in bar area without an adult.

I hold a personal bar licence and the law states this:

Anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed in any bar area of licensed premises or registered clubs.
However some licensed premises hold a children’s certificate that allows:
  • a young person accompanied by an adult to be in the bar area (but not at the bar) in premises up to 9.00 pm
  • a young person to stay on the premises until 9.30 pm to consume a meal purchased before 9.00 pm
It may differ for an arena but the bar area is just that a bar area, i guess the arena area may be licensed different.

But i know when i managed the bars and hospitality suites at the WNIR i never let kids run about or play in Gretzkys, the kids had the cafe area and the skate hire temp bar but i can't remember kids running wild in the WNIR anyway, but then again maybe i was too busy to notice.

Last edited:

pjj365

Kids never ran amok in the WNIR, and they shouldnt at the Viola, kids are kids and need a place to run and play, but not where adults are spending good money having a drink.
IRC at the tent they played outside at the breaks. Now the only way they can get out is the smoking area which is obviously unsuitable. Don't get why there are no "pass outs" on the main door for non - smokers

Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread but I have 2 spsare tickets for the kids game which I am looking to sell at face value. The tickets are in block 11 if anyone is interested