KEEFE

BostonBart22

Thread starter #21
For the mto let him ice not long after showed a shocking lack of care to him ,no way was he fine after that hit ,i know he the nsat out a bit and not sure if he iced 3rd period but keefe was bang out of order.
Just a thought on this, surely a doctor or medical team gave murphy the go ahead to carry on and keefe accepted their opinions..protocol and all that..

voth26

We all know Keefe was a hot head in his playing days, but his outburst towards the officials yesterday was over the top big time, ok his top scorer was injured in play , clean hit may i add but to abuse the ref like he did was shocking, I firmly believe if it was a league game keefe would have been called for abuse of official or even thrown out, any thoughts on this...
Should have been called irspective if it was a league game of a playoff final.

voth26

Whilst regrettable that the language got televised i’m glad no one got thrown out be that Keefe, Schiestel and even Riley. Too many play offs have previously been ruined by refs bottling big calls and going for the easy option. The hit was so so borderline you can make arguments either way but i’m glad it was called how it was as otherwise hockey is officially over. It wasn’t a blindside clip or the usual suspects for a head shot. It was head on and bang on shoulder to chest. The height difference meant Murphy’s head hit the shoulder pad. I’m not sure what Schiestel could have done different apart from not throw the hit and that’s where hockey would then be the loser. Keefe lost it. Completely get it as his stud just got lit up. Ok he let the ref have it but full credit to Dalton he was the bigger man and held Keefe to task but in a very professional way.

The one I thought let himself down was Riley. Near enough tried to break Benti’s arm of the face off and then tried to head hunt Joey Martin later with a huge leading elbow. He had his chance to drop the gloves with Schiestel and let it go. The fight might have even got Schiestel thrown out. However that’s not to rip the guy. Emotions got him the same as they did Keefe.

To flip it if say Kevin Raine had thrown that hit on Joey Martin I dare say we’d all be in meltdown so it’s hypocritical to see these guys as villains. Passionate pro’s reacting to a big incident.

That said what a play by Schiestel. Reading their star with his head down and getting that hit in on him. Huge moment.
I agree with most of your point except the hypocritical part, giants have dished it out all season with out any redress. Plus Schiestel isn't a dirty player and didn't take many penalty minutes throughout the season, for me he stood solid on the blue line and didn't do anything wrong.

The_Puck

No doctor worth their salt would let Murphy on the ice after a hit like that. The man was clearly concussed. It just wouldn’t happen in so many other sports.
I saw somewhere the other day that the EIHL doctors did concussion tests on Murphy and they declared him fine. Murphy then went out and only lasted a few shifts before going back down the tunnel. The Belfast medical team did tests on him again and declared that he did have a concussion, therefore he didn’t ice in the 3rd.

James

Administrator
I can well believe a player would conceal concussion symptoms in an attempt to keep playing in a playoff final. If you know the protocol you know how to game it and he wouldn't be the first.