Juniors

Kipper

Thread starter #1
JOINT STATEMENT FROM CARDIFF DEVILS AND CARDIFF JUNIOR ICE HOCKEY CLUB
16th June 2009

Cardiff Devils and the Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club are pleased to announce that with effect from 1st August, 2009 the Devils Community Foundation will take responsibility for operating Junior Ice Hockey in Cardiff.

With the professional Cardiff Devils team playing in the UK Elite League, the Devils will also be represented in English National League Divisions 1 and 2, Under 16, Under 14,Under 12 and Under 10 level. In addition, a Learn to Play programme is in place for the development of newcomers to the sport.

The Cardiff Devils will in the near future,announce the management and coaching structure for the 2009/10 season.

Matt Burge (Chairman, Cardiff Devils Ice Hockey Club),

Dave Newton (Interim Chairman, Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club

Chris

Administrator
Wahay!

This can surely only be a positive step forward for the club and the juniors?

Out of interest, will the enl div2 team replace the under 18's team?

Chris.

Kipper

Thread starter #3
Chris Stone said:
Wahay!

This can surely only be a positive step forward for the club and the juniors?

Out of interest, will the enl div2 team replace the under 18's team?

Chris.
Partly Chris. It's down to player numbers. With the number of players becoming too old from last years's U18 and the lack of eligible players coming up from U16's this year, the club had no choice, especially as the EIHA voted down our proposal to realign age groups to U17 and U20. It is possible that a U18 team may be resurrected next season if player numbers justify it and ice time is available.

This may have been overshadowed by some other news items this week but knowing how "strong willed" ;) some of the personalities involved are and the time this has taken to happen, massive, massive credit has to go to everyone involved. You have just added to what is fast becoming my favourite week so far this year. Now is a Lions win Saturday too much to ask for before my hols?

Chris

Administrator
Ah right Kipper, thinking about it i'm sure i've read of the U18 issue on THF possibly.

Still, it can only be good for the junior setup to become part of the main club again, Matt Burge seems to know what he's doing and with the Devils being involved in the councils sporting iniatives having the juniors involved as well must be a great step forward!

It would be good if the club could get something going with the season tickets and the ENL team, i've seen a few ENL games and there's never many people there, with a bit of pushing i'm sure the crowds could improve!

Chris.

Kipper

Thread starter #7
Chris Stone said:
It would be good if the club could get something going with the season tickets and the ENL team, i've seen a few ENL games and there's never many people there, with a bit of pushing i'm sure the crowds could improve!

Chris.
Hopefully that will be the case. Coach Cuddihy is building a competetive team for next season and the ENL team are always exciting to watch with plenty of goals, action and scuffles. I would highly recommend it as a hockey fix when the Devils are playing away from home.

Wannabe2

This is another very very good piece of news, now its a fulfilled club and can only go from strength to strength. God its been one of the best weeks i can ever remember being a Devils fan.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

What fantastic news and well done for getting it together - a statement of intent and support for the Juniors. Great news for the Organisation as a whole. These young guys are the future of British ice hockey, given the support technically, financially and emotionally to continue. We are also talking potential players for the Cardiff Devils in years to come. :cool:

A

Anonymous

Just think of all those little under 10's who are showing great potential now, what are they going to be like in 8 years time?....I agree, we could be talking future Devils, home grown talent with the right backing they could go all the way :)